Used 2008 Jaguar XK-Series XKR Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Jaguar XK-Series XKR - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XK-Series model:

Exceeded My Expectations
By Mark

2008 Jaguar XK-Series XKR XKR 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Bought a certified used XKR convertible with 9220 miles, 6/100k warranty, and the Jag special financing. I've owned Mercedes SL, Boxster, Audi, and other luxury automobiles. This vehicle is the perfect blend of all of them. Great ride, neat exhaust notes, unbelievable sound system, and OMG - the power. Does not handle like the mid-engine Boxster, but a small inconvenience. Did I really get nearly 27 MPG on the interstate?! One thing is for sure, the Mini Cooper drivers won't be waving at me!

Power, sound system, comfort, and fantastic styling.

I know the 2011 model year remedied some of the 2008 shortcomings (mp3, improved touch-screen interface, etc)so I knew what I bought and it's okay.

The XKR is INCREDIBLE!!
By cool

2008 Jaguar XK-Series XKR XKR 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I just picked up my brand new 08 XKR convertible, and it is a blast!! In my opinion, it is the best looking car for under 100k. I am glad I got this over the 6 series. It has great performance and great sound! I get looks from everybody. My son loves to drive it as well.

ASL - limits how fast you can go (helpful for staying under the speed limit), looks, interior materials, wheels, "S" mode, comfort and a lot more.

Make more room in the back - no normal sized human can fit in the back (possibly an infant). Trunk space could be a little bigger. It's very low to the ground - I already scratched the bumper going down my driveway.

A great GT - luxury and performance
By owner1

2008 Jaguar XK-Series XKR XKR 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I have owned 3 porsches and several bmws as well. Had every intention of purchasing m6 until completed test drives. Test drove 911s, m6, and maserati GT in addition to xkr. An absolutely beautiful car inside and out. I thought performed better (felt over engineered) and far better looking vehicle than m6, had much better luxury appointments (like gorgeous suede cabin top interior and superior nav) and much better curb appeal than 911s. While 911s is better handling car, I found the xkr to be quicker. While the maserati gt is an equally if not more elegant car, it didn't come close to xkr on drive performance

extraordinarily quick acceleration from 75-120, tremendous variable exhaust tones, one of the most beautiful cars on road

should lengthen the car to accomodate 4 (limited headroom), the front end starts to flutter a bit at 130 and above

Best Car in a Long time to hit the roads
By Ali Asaad

2008 Jaguar XK-Series XKR XKR 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

What a car! This car is top. Best I have owned. It's legend, piece of art and best driving experience to hit the road in a long time.

Power, style and handling.

No iPod, the sound system is a bit weak when tuned to the radio. I got Alpine sound system and its dearly enough.

Oh my GOSH!!
By Leos A.C.

2008 Jaguar XK-Series XKR XKR 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I drive many cars before I make a buying decision. Not this time. 5 minutes into my test drive I went back to the delaership and signed the paperwork. The only thing better than the drive and the beautifully updated interior is the exterior which is clearly the nicest looking car on the road. Have only had it for a few weeks but each day gets better and better.

Head turning quotient of the exterior

Voice activated sound system and navigation. A little more thought could probably give way to a more useable back seat even if they are just fold downs.

• SUV