2008 Jaguar XK-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XK-Series model:
Exceeded My Expectations
By Mark on 10/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Bought a certified used XKR convertible with 9220 miles, 6/100k warranty, and the Jag special financing. I've owned Mercedes SL, Boxster, Audi, and other luxury automobiles. This vehicle is the perfect blend of all of them. Great ride, neat exhaust notes, unbelievable sound system, and OMG - the power. Does not handle like the mid-engine Boxster, but a small inconvenience. Did I really get nearly 27 MPG on the interstate?! One thing is for sure, the Mini Cooper drivers won't be waving at me!

Made a good choice
By fred on 09/05/09 08:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Jaguar XK-Series XK 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

My 2006 Cayman was rough, cramped and edgy. I love my new Jag; it has decent performance, good manners and is one of the most beautiful cars I have ever seen. I have discovered that it handles and drives better when being pushed. The fact that I paid about the same for the Jag as the poor man's Porsche is a bonus. The left over 2009s are a great buy if you can find one.

WOW, beautiful, stunning coupe
By John M on 08/06/08 22:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Jaguar XK-Series XK 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Great car, the coupe design and look is as close to an old E-Type as anyone will get. Love it like my 911, but much easier to commute - and not an ounce of harsh highway ride. Light, fast, beautiful and good mileage. The coupe is just stunning.

XK Coupe for Carrera and no regrets.
By JCmd on 07/04/08 12:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Jaguar XK-Series XK 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Traded in a 2 year old Carrera with many, many problems for a more beautiful car. Although not the handling of the Porsche, this is a true GT with plenty of room, comfortable ride, and admirable get-up-and-go.

The XKR is INCREDIBLE!!
By cool on 05/24/08 10:45 AM (PDT)

2008 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I just picked up my brand new 08 XKR convertible, and it is a blast!! In my opinion, it is the best looking car for under 100k. I am glad I got this over the 6 series. It has great performance and great sound! I get looks from everybody. My son loves to drive it as well.

A great GT - luxury and performance
By owner1 on 04/06/08 11:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I have owned 3 porsches and several bmws as well. Had every intention of purchasing m6 until completed test drives. Test drove 911s, m6, and maserati GT in addition to xkr. An absolutely beautiful car inside and out. I thought performed better (felt over engineered) and far better looking vehicle than m6, had much better luxury appointments (like gorgeous suede cabin top interior and superior nav) and much better curb appeal than 911s. While 911s is better handling car, I found the xkr to be quicker. While the maserati gt is an equally if not more elegant car, it didn't come close to xkr on drive performance

Best Car in a Long time to hit the roads
By Ali Asaad on 03/17/08 17:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

What a car! This car is top. Best I have owned. It's legend, piece of art and best driving experience to hit the road in a long time.

Oh my GOSH!!
By Leos A.C. on 02/20/08 13:59 PM (PST)

2008 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I drive many cars before I make a buying decision. Not this time. 5 minutes into my test drive I went back to the delaership and signed the paperwork. The only thing better than the drive and the beautifully updated interior is the exterior which is clearly the nicest looking car on the road. Have only had it for a few weeks but each day gets better and better.

You're going to want one
By DeanR on 08/30/07 22:40 PM (PDT)

2008 Jaguar XK-Series XK 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This car is incredible. It is hands down, the sexiest, best driving, daily-driving automobile made, and it is a reasonable value. I also own a SL500, and aside from the hardtop convertible, not one item holds up to the Jag. Don't be fooled by the car magazine comparisons and ratings. While the Jag holds up pretty well anyway, the tests put too much emphasis on empirical performance, and ignore what most people really care about in a car, which are good looks, and how you feel driving it. The Jag has sufficient performance, a solid, rich feel, a growl when it needs one, and is downright beautiful. You cannot walk away from this car without looking back for a double take.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.