Used 2008 Jaguar XK-Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Jaguar XK-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XK-Series model:

Exceeded My Expectations
By Mark

2008 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Bought a certified used XKR convertible with 9220 miles, 6/100k warranty, and the Jag special financing. I've owned Mercedes SL, Boxster, Audi, and other luxury automobiles. This vehicle is the perfect blend of all of them. Great ride, neat exhaust notes, unbelievable sound system, and OMG - the power. Does not handle like the mid-engine Boxster, but a small inconvenience. Did I really get nearly 27 MPG on the interstate?! One thing is for sure, the Mini Cooper drivers won't be waving at me!

Power, sound system, comfort, and fantastic styling.

I know the 2011 model year remedied some of the 2008 shortcomings (mp3, improved touch-screen interface, etc)so I knew what I bought and it's okay.

Made a good choice
By fred

2008 Jaguar XK-Series XK 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

My 2006 Cayman was rough, cramped and edgy. I love my new Jag; it has decent performance, good manners and is one of the most beautiful cars I have ever seen. I have discovered that it handles and drives better when being pushed. The fact that I paid about the same for the Jag as the poor man's Porsche is a bonus. The left over 2009s are a great buy if you can find one.

sport mode transmission feature with paddle shifters, leather dash and door panels, exhaust note, 525 watt stereo, 27 MPG on the road, the way people stare with their jaws dropped

the 2010s have more power; good move

WOW, beautiful, stunning coupe
By John M

2008 Jaguar XK-Series XK 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Great car, the coupe design and look is as close to an old E-Type as anyone will get. Love it like my 911, but much easier to commute - and not an ounce of harsh highway ride. Light, fast, beautiful and good mileage. The coupe is just stunning.

Everything at this point

Style, ride, design -- drives and looks like a modern E-Type. What could be better in life.

XK Coupe for Carrera and no regrets.
By JCmd

2008 Jaguar XK-Series XK 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Traded in a 2 year old Carrera with many, many problems for a more beautiful car. Although not the handling of the Porsche, this is a true GT with plenty of room, comfortable ride, and admirable get-up-and-go.

Sat radio, keyless entry/start. Beautiful exterior design. You keep looking back to get another look.

Cargo management system of some sort. Temperature , oil and other engine status gauges.

The XKR is INCREDIBLE!!
By cool

2008 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I just picked up my brand new 08 XKR convertible, and it is a blast!! In my opinion, it is the best looking car for under 100k. I am glad I got this over the 6 series. It has great performance and great sound! I get looks from everybody. My son loves to drive it as well.

ASL - limits how fast you can go (helpful for staying under the speed limit), looks, interior materials, wheels, "S" mode, comfort and a lot more.

Make more room in the back - no normal sized human can fit in the back (possibly an infant). Trunk space could be a little bigger. It's very low to the ground - I already scratched the bumper going down my driveway.