Wouldn't believe it if I didn't drive it
By onebeatatatime on
2007 Jaguar XK-Series XK 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6A)
Not too long ago J D Powers gave Jaguar a glorious review especially for reliability. Eye opener. Driven several BMWs and 2 Mercedes SLs (500, 600) in the past. The new XK blew me away. Jaguar has carved design and performance. Power is less than 911 but plentiful. Drives like a sports touring. Purrs when slow but ready to leap with a growl with the push of the accelerator, wheels always hugging cement, driver held tight in the seat. Navigation / phone / Audio in the center with intuitive touch screen controls simply ingenious, yet enormously functional. bluetooth pairing with Blackberry seamlessly. Jaw dropping looks. Most people don't know what just rushed passed them.
Favorite Features
Optional premium sound, Touch screen controls, Ultra smooth ride, Rear parking assist (? optional), Optional Active Head lights, Smooth touch button operation of convertible top. So far very reliable. Yet I have a long term AM warranty just in case it turns rabid.
Suggested Improvements
Rear visibility and Blind spots. Convertible has a short window to the rear. looking over the right shoulder when changing lanes raises nerves. After watching some Youtube videos I have readjusted my left and right mirrors such that the three mirrors provide a panoramic view of the rear.