2007 Jaguar XK-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XK-Series model:
$85,000 piece of crap
By jagmanjimi on 05/28/12 08:24 AM (PDT)

2007 Jaguar XK-Series XK 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

* Serviced Mar 2012 - electrical 36,558 miles * Serviced Jan 2012 - shift lever replacement 36,456 miles * Serviced Dec 2011 - battery 36,263 miles * Serviced Jun 2011 - battery 34176 miles In addition to the above service dates, within this mileage period the vehicle was serviced 3 other times for electrical and once for "top vacuum". While the dealer has been great for handling service issues under warranty up to this point, I am out of warranty now 1 month. With 37969 miles the top won't open or close. We will see how they will handle. Bottom line, within a 4K mile period the vehicle had to be serviced no less then 8 times. What more can be said!

Wouldn't believe it if I didn't drive it
By onebeatatatime on 08/04/10 18:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Jaguar XK-Series XK 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Not too long ago J D Powers gave Jaguar a glorious review especially for reliability. Eye opener. Driven several BMWs and 2 Mercedes SLs (500, 600) in the past. The new XK blew me away. Jaguar has carved design and performance. Power is less than 911 but plentiful. Drives like a sports touring. Purrs when slow but ready to leap with a growl with the push of the accelerator, wheels always hugging cement, driver held tight in the seat. Navigation / phone / Audio in the center with intuitive touch screen controls simply ingenious, yet enormously functional. bluetooth pairing with Blackberry seamlessly. Jaw dropping looks. Most people don't know what just rushed passed them.

stay away
By Patrick Garrigan on 06/19/10 18:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Jaguar XK-Series XK 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

List convertible top - cables replaced rear motor Windows replaced. 10 days in shop navigation system not functioning 4 days upload hardware electrical issues, constantly, battery replaced 2 times. Beautiful disaster. I am at home and have to wait two days until the car can be towed back. If the car was not under warranty I would hate to see what the costs are. Wow. Never again.

Dream Car
By Professor Don on 01/28/10 08:05 AM (PST)

2007 Jaguar XK-Series XK 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I saved for a 911 but after driving the XK convertible, bought it. We live in the Texas hill country and throughly enjoy letting the top down and driving...phantastically comfortable, does everything well, and a real head turner.

Great GT - Pooooooor Electrical
By Frank on 02/27/09 09:24 AM (PST)

2007 Jaguar XK-Series XK 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Love the car - Drives great - great head turned. Power is good but could be better. But the most annoying thing about it is the electrical problems - especially the display screen that is totally inoperable at times. The dealer has been no help and Jaguar Engineering who inspected the car is no help either. Awaiting decision on a buy back. Probably would not purchase another.

Still Runs Like a Dream
By KLefty on 12/30/08 20:28 PM (PST)

2007 Jaguar XK-Series XK 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

In my third year of driving the restyled XK. I am amazed that I have yet to have ANY even minor issue with this car. I hesitated to buy a Jaguar because of the old reputation as unreliable. The performance and styling wowed me and I just had to have one. Bravo, Jaguar on the maintenance reliability!

Fantastic handling
By Chris on 09/08/08 13:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I was seriously looking at the Aston Martin V8, because of it's better looks, but after a test drive it was clear: the XKR is by far a better car. It handles great and shifting gear is much prettier.

The most fun you can get in a car
By Claudia on 06/30/08 09:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I absolutely love my XK convertible! I truly underestimated the fun factor of having a convertible that the top goes up or down in 18 seconds... so fast you can put it down at a light. In Alabama where I live, I get 10 mos of top down weather. It is also a head turner... looking like nothing else on the street (except now it's new sister the XF sedan). It is great for a road trip... it's very adjustable seating lends itself to comfortable driving. I've leased this vehicle, but will most likely buy it at the end of the term. Drive it, you'll fall in love!

"My Last Fling"
By Black Diamond on 04/28/08 14:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Jaguar XK-Series XK 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This car is so exciting to drive and to look at that I call it "my last fling". When I'm behind the wheel, I feel like I never need to own another car, ever. Driving it is like cruising down a ski slope on fresh powder. You glide along until you decide to exploit its power with a burst of acceleration. The sexy growl of the engine when you push the start button and the power of the engine when you shift it into gear and accelerate let you know that this is no kid's toy. This car is for the enthusiast who can't wait to find a stretch of open road.

2007 XKR Coupe
By domesticdude on 03/25/08 14:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I LOVE this car, it's beautiful inside and out, fast, and handles great. I have never had a problem of any kind with this car. The XKR is fast, not the fastest, but still plenty fast and yet still manages to ride extremely well. I have never driven a car with better handling, or that is more fun to drive. The only flaw with the car that i can find is that mine has one of the ridiculous antennas, but they thankfully got rid of that for 2008.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.