2006 Jaguar XK-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XK-Series model:
Superb Car
By Fred on 10/23/07 21:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Recently traded my XJR for an XKR. This car is so much superior and draws far more attention. The styling is timeless and the performance excellent for a touring car of this type. Not as much raw fun as my old TVR but still the best car I've ever owned.

Jaguar XKR
By blairm on 04/21/06 08:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

AS my third XK I was delighted to see this car the new "carbon" interior is a pleasant change from the traditional wood. My only regret is that the capability of the vehicle with its massive supercharger is reduced by the silly electronic limiters.

So Far, So Great!
By Robert Mattingly on 02/14/06 13:37 PM (PST)

2006 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I purchased the XKR for three reasons: the engine, styling; and, because I think its a better looking car then the soon-to-be-introduced XK. Plus, the price is about as right as its going to get as dealers clear them out. The XKR is not really a "sports car" but rather a "sporty" car. It doesn't handle in the same league with my old Porsche 911 but it rides much better-perhaps the best riding car I've ever owned. I deleted the expensive 20 inch chrome plated wheel/tire combo, and replaced with the standard 18 inch tires and wheels,saved $5000 and got a better ride. The interior is beautiful if not particularly roomy. Overall, a great package of power, luxury and character.

Best Sports Car I've Owned
By Charles Roller on 09/24/05 21:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

This Jaguar Racing Green XKR is absolutely the finest and most enjoyable automobile I've ever owned. The exterior styling is gorgeous, the interior stately and rich, and the power truly breath-taking. I cannot imagine any impovement that makes sense for this vehicle. Even the achieved city gas mileage figure is 16.9 mpg - quite a happy surprise. I haven't taken the XKR on an extended highway trip yet, but fully expect to see 25+ mpg. Other than the high cost of entry, and reasonable but steep insurance premiums, this is an exceptional automobile that makes me smile every time I open the driver's door.

Get What You Pay For!
By Lana DeSimone on 08/26/05 14:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar XK-Series XK8 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Solid, Hearty and luxurious! I love this Jaguar. Convertible gives plenty of space, loads of leg room with plenty of trunk space and POWER behind the wheel!

THE Car to Buy
By Bob K on 08/25/05 22:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

2 months into this 06 XKR. Love the car. 3rd XK in 5 yrs. XKR is far superior to XK8. For Style and Performance, it is without peer. I park next to an SL600 every day and people stare at the XKR.

XKR The Only Way to go!
By Dan Geib on 08/02/05 10:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I purchased this vehicle used from a private individual with low miles. I have enjoyed driving the car every time I get behind the wheel. This car is fast and tight and holds the road at any speed!

Amazing!!!
By Jeramy on 07/26/05 06:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar XK-Series XK8 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

It's a great car to drive, nice easy- going stability, acceleration is very fast. It's a semi-auto car. You can choose the power from 2 to 5 or for automatic put it in D or Drive. It says that it'll go top speed: 170. The thing that I didn't like was it doesen't have automatic and manual it's only semi-auto it's not where you can put it in M and shift like in a Ferrari.

love it
By yuo ming on 07/22/05 15:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar XK-Series XK8 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

this is probably the best car EVER... it is the nicest looking car, it is fun to shore off and drive, my friends love it and want me to drive when ever we carpool.... if you are not sure about getting one i suggest getting one because they are awesome.

A dream car
By inheritablessing on 07/20/05 10:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Love everything about it!!! There is nothing like the vintage looks of Jaguar. It's smooth as butter. Haven't yet been called to have serviced. Absolutely a dream car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.