Used 2006 Jaguar XK-Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Jaguar XK-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XK-Series model:

Superb Car
By Fred

2006 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Recently traded my XJR for an XKR. This car is so much superior and draws far more attention. The styling is timeless and the performance excellent for a touring car of this type. Not as much raw fun as my old TVR but still the best car I've ever owned.

Body style, engine, stopping ability. I use the car most days and I still get excited every time I drive it.

Upgraded Recaro seats not the most comfortable on long journeys.

Jaguar XKR
By blairm

2006 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

AS my third XK I was delighted to see this car the new "carbon" interior is a pleasant change from the traditional wood. My only regret is that the capability of the vehicle with its massive supercharger is reduced by the silly electronic limiters.

The overall style and driving comfort - a great tourer

bring the electronics in the interior upto date - no GPS and a tape unit also some of the buttons such as mirror control are a bit "cheap"

So Far, So Great!
By Robert Mattingly

2006 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I purchased the XKR for three reasons: the engine, styling; and, because I think its a better looking car then the soon-to-be-introduced XK. Plus, the price is about as right as its going to get as dealers clear them out. The XKR is not really a "sports car" but rather a "sporty" car. It doesn't handle in the same league with my old Porsche 911 but it rides much better-perhaps the best riding car I've ever owned. I deleted the expensive 20 inch chrome plated wheel/tire combo, and replaced with the standard 18 inch tires and wheels,saved $5000 and got a better ride. The interior is beautiful if not particularly roomy. Overall, a great package of power, luxury and character.

A herd or horses inside a lovely body. The XKR styling cues set the car apart from the XK-8 and the "R" also comes with all the bells and whistles standard. The ride is superior.

The roof line is an inch or two low and the central arm rest a tad too high. The gauges are inset too deeply and cannot be easily read in bright sunlight; also a car like this should have a better suite of engine monitoring gauges (those removed when the navigation system was placed in the dash).

Best Sports Car I've Owned
By Charles Roller

2006 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

This Jaguar Racing Green XKR is absolutely the finest and most enjoyable automobile I've ever owned. The exterior styling is gorgeous, the interior stately and rich, and the power truly breath-taking. I cannot imagine any impovement that makes sense for this vehicle. Even the achieved city gas mileage figure is 16.9 mpg - quite a happy surprise. I haven't taken the XKR on an extended highway trip yet, but fully expect to see 25+ mpg. Other than the high cost of entry, and reasonable but steep insurance premiums, this is an exceptional automobile that makes me smile every time I open the driver's door.

The sleek exterior styling, the gorgeous burled walnut dash that extends across the cockpit, and the reality-altering acceleration and top end. The wheels are also exceptionally beautiful.

None are possible for this beautiful vehicle. The only possible improvement would be for my beautiful wife to spend more leisure time with me in this outstanding automobile.

Get What You Pay For!
By Lana DeSimone

2006 Jaguar XK-Series XK8 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Solid, Hearty and luxurious! I love this Jaguar. Convertible gives plenty of space, loads of leg room with plenty of trunk space and POWER behind the wheel!

comfort, safety and luxury in one vehicle

• SUV