2005 Jaguar XK-Series XKR - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XK-Series model:
Fantastic
By Jagman on 01/28/09 08:09 AM (PST)

2005 Jaguar XK-Series XKR XKR 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Swapped my 2002 XKR for this 2005 XKR. Definite upgrade & improvement. Since both cars were black, most don't realize it is not the same car. However, the increased horse power and extra gear (6th) give a different driving experience and improved performance over the previous model. This car can be driven all day and averages close to 20 mpg, not that I care, but it is impressive. Best car I have ever owned.

Just traded
By Jagman on 07/29/08 16:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Jaguar XK-Series XKR XKR 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Five months ago I traded my 2002 XKR conv. for the 2005. The only available was the same color: black. I can pass it off as the same car, if I want. The upgrades are subtle but significant. I thought the 2002 was the best car I ever owned, the 2005 is now the BEST. More power, more torque, 1 more gear, better handling, better looking exterior. I really look forward to driving every day. This car has the power available when you want it. It is also very comfortable on long trips. The 2008 may be next, when my warranty expires in two more years.

On Top of the World
By GOKITTY on 05/21/08 12:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Jaguar XK-Series XKR XKR 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I have wanted a Jag for over 30 years. Well, it was finally time. Just to make sure, I drove every conceiveable competitor. Corvette, BMW, Mercedes, Volvo, Aston Martin, Lexus - you name it. The XKR is the best overall choice. It is stunning. Strangers drool. It is THE gentleman's sportscar. And the service from Hennessy was unbelieveable. Top notch.

Gotta Have it
By Dave on 06/06/05 19:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Jaguar XK-Series XKR XKR 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Have the Jaq Green. I have had numerous people come up to me and say what a beautiful car. Some are not aware of the reliablity yet and only recall the problems of the Jags of the 60's. This is a whole new machine. Our second one in 3 years. Very comfortable, drove straight through to Florida.

XKR Coupe
By Young Mach on 05/01/05 04:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Jaguar XK-Series XKR XKR 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

This has to be the hottest car in the street. This car gives you great confidence every time you drive this fantastic automobile. Put some TV's in the headrest and set of 20-inch chrome giovanni's with some yokohama low pro z- rated tires and you're good to go.

Finally!
By Toni Elkins on 01/15/05 16:42 PM (PST)

2005 Jaguar XK-Series XKR XKR 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

After years of wanting this car--I got it! A gift from my husband---and it was worth waiting for! Excellent!

trading in my corvettezo6
By harryb on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Jaguar XK-Series XKR XKR 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

i traded my 2002 z06 for an xkr ragtop.this car has surprised me and pleased me at every turn except for zero to sixty which the vette has by a bit this is a great car after 26 corvettes it was time for lux and comfort.i found it and i am a happy camper

Wow, it's all Jag
By RdKing on 09/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Jaguar XK-Series XKR XKR 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

When trying to discribe my experience with the jag the word Wow comes to mind. I'd say it's the most bang for the buck, even though it takes many bucks. I have four of the older models, two XK roadsters, and it's preformance is light-years away ahead of the older jags. It's a car I love to drive. I do have to learn how to handle the speed....it's fast.

This car is the car to have
By charlie718 on 08/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Jaguar XK-Series XKR XKR 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I just traded in a DRM 400 corvette to get the Jag going from a lifelong super car owner with a manuel trans into a six speed auto gave me some pause well the jag auto in combo with the supercharger leaves no doubt in my mind this is the way to go the car gets looks from every body and when you step on the gas it just takes off like a space shuttle it stays glued onto the road and feels like driving a rolex that goes 180 mph it is so solid quiet and smooth I love this car and will now always have one I will just trade it in every few years

Driving a dream
By midaem on 08/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Jaguar XK-Series XKR XKR 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

This is like driving all the spactacular car dreams you've had all your life. It handles like I don't even need to be there. When you are driving the XKR you KNOW there is NO BETTER car on the road. It is the best, and you are in it. Strangers talk to me at red lights and in parking lots, and I know its not because of my red hair on my 50 year old body. Its all about the car. I am the princess I never got to be when I was a girl, I am the Homecoming Queen, but mostly I am the plastic surgeon's wife who EARNED this little piece of ultimate luxury.