2005 Jaguar XK-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XK-Series model:
Fantastic
By Jagman on 01/28/09 08:09 AM (PST)

2005 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Swapped my 2002 XKR for this 2005 XKR. Definite upgrade & improvement. Since both cars were black, most don't realize it is not the same car. However, the increased horse power and extra gear (6th) give a different driving experience and improved performance over the previous model. This car can be driven all day and averages close to 20 mpg, not that I care, but it is impressive. Best car I have ever owned.

Just traded
By Jagman on 07/29/08 16:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Five months ago I traded my 2002 XKR conv. for the 2005. The only available was the same color: black. I can pass it off as the same car, if I want. The upgrades are subtle but significant. I thought the 2002 was the best car I ever owned, the 2005 is now the BEST. More power, more torque, 1 more gear, better handling, better looking exterior. I really look forward to driving every day. This car has the power available when you want it. It is also very comfortable on long trips. The 2008 may be next, when my warranty expires in two more years.

On Top of the World
By GOKITTY on 05/21/08 12:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I have wanted a Jag for over 30 years. Well, it was finally time. Just to make sure, I drove every conceiveable competitor. Corvette, BMW, Mercedes, Volvo, Aston Martin, Lexus - you name it. The XKR is the best overall choice. It is stunning. Strangers drool. It is THE gentleman's sportscar. And the service from Hennessy was unbelieveable. Top notch.

Limited Edition Carbon Fiber
By Pam Washkewicz on 06/10/05 18:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Jaguar XK-Series XK8 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this car for its looks and fuel economy. I love the 19" wheels and the fact that this was a limited edition. The only thing that really bothers me about this car is that there is no cd player on the dash, and I have to go in the trunk to change the cd's.

Gotta Have it
By Dave on 06/06/05 19:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Have the Jaq Green. I have had numerous people come up to me and say what a beautiful car. Some are not aware of the reliablity yet and only recall the problems of the Jags of the 60's. This is a whole new machine. Our second one in 3 years. Very comfortable, drove straight through to Florida.

XKR Coupe
By Young Mach on 05/01/05 04:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

This has to be the hottest car in the street. This car gives you great confidence every time you drive this fantastic automobile. Put some TV's in the headrest and set of 20-inch chrome giovanni's with some yokohama low pro z- rated tires and you're good to go.

Finally!
By Toni Elkins on 01/15/05 16:42 PM (PST)

2005 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

After years of wanting this car--I got it! A gift from my husband---and it was worth waiting for! Excellent!

Whoopee!
By George Stepan on 01/05/05 22:41 PM (PST)

2005 Jaguar XK-Series XK8 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

A real head turner no matter how old the exterior design may be. Some modest detractions are the ergonomics sometimes requiring you to look away from the road, could be improved, but once learned, no problem. Full leather interior with shiny wood trim spells luxury. This design too is old, but why change a good thing? Exterior metal fit is average. Not impressed with quality of the Alpine sound system given the price of this car. Performance is outstanding, a smooth 6 speed transmission, plenty of get up and go. Unless you set the speed control, you'll be going 90 and not know it. Anyone paying 70k probably does'nt care, but I get 27+ mpg on the road. A great touring car!

An unexpected pleasure
By NewJagLover on 12/18/04 17:57 PM (PST)

2005 Jaguar XK-Series XK8 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

While shopping for sports cars, I happened to rent an XK convertible on a trip to California. Unbelievable, great trunk space (considering the size of Mercedes and BMW trunks) and "elegant performance". Whatever it was, I was sold. Other cars might be able to post higher g-ratings in the skidpad or faster 0-60, but you'll find passion in a Jag. Found a great dealer in my home state that got me the color combination I wanted. I have never smiled so much driving in my life! Even better with the top down -- that way the climate control system gets exercised.

XK8 1999 to the XK8 2005
By ric on 10/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Jaguar XK-Series XK8 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

We have a 2004 S type R very fast, we also had the 1999 XK8 and sold it to buy the 2005 XK8. What a step up from the 1999. The 2005 ride is a lot better and the car is better built. The 99 was a very good car but the 2005 is so much better. I use to drive the S type R but now my wife drives it and I have taken to driveing the 2005 XK8