2004 Jaguar XK-Series Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XK-Series model:
Dream Car
By Maggie on 04/11/08 06:25 AM (PDT)

2004 Jaguar XK-Series Convertible XK8 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Have wanted a Jag since the first time I spotted an XKE when I was a child. It's beautiful, fun and now I can't imagine not having one.

Fun to drive, the envy of the block
By Dan S. on 12/28/04 17:12 PM (PST)

2004 Jaguar XK-Series Convertible XK8 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Can't believe the envious looks and comments we have had. Handles very well, great styling, reasonable gas mileage. Great acceleration. Surprisingly quiet ride with the top up. Problem getting routine parts such as oil filters, etc.

Janets' XK8 Kitty
By Janet S. Leon on 07/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jaguar XK-Series Convertible XK8 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I've owned this type vehicle for the past 14 years, buying annually to semi- annually. I have that much faith & love for these machines. Not much maintenance, just menial things like oil changes, filters & maybe a computer glitch this year on the transmission (first time!) Overall, because I don't have a dealership in Corpus, it still doesn't concern me much about repairs. They are all small enough to extremely enjoy this great car that sounds like it purrs when you're driving into your big garage! I love the feel, elegance, drive, reliability & social status you receive when buying this vehicle. You can't afford to miss out on this car!

Ultimate Cat's "Meow" - WOW!!!!
By Brooklyn Lion on 07/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jaguar XK-Series Convertible XK8 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is an incredibly fun car to drive. It is an eye turner: sleek, sexy and beautiful. Driving it makes you forget the few blemishes it has.

I LOVE MY JAGUAR!!!!
By paulsobe on 05/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jaguar XK-Series Convertible XK8 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is my last car. I want to keep this carr orevver. It is a classic witthh mmodern technology. It never fails to attract people. I keep is spotlessly clean.

Beautiful but costly
By t2000s on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jaguar XK-Series Convertible XK8 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Beautiful car, get lots of compliments. Have had a lot of problems. Just recently had the whole engine replaced. Under warranty of course! Every couple of months its something else wrong. Power window went out on psgr side. Convertible top gets stuck often, cig. lighter goes out, engine coolant light always comes on, pwr to side mirror has gone out sveral times.

first time buyer
By jaglovr on 03/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Jaguar XK-Series Convertible XK8 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Bought a '99 a year ago. It's certainly beautiful, get lots of compliments on it! When a teenager (35 yrs. ago), wanted and loved the XKE. Told friends one day that I'd have a Jag, now have two, Vandenplas and this one! When I get tired of the rougher ride, I go to the big one. Have had no problems so far. Love the looks and the looks we get!

exellent
By alias?mike on 03/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Jaguar XK-Series Convertible XK8 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

it's the best car I ever drove

Very Impressed!
By bwanna on 02/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Jaguar XK-Series Convertible XK8 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

It was a present for my wife. The criterior was elegant,classy and a convertible. She fell in love with immediatly and after the test drive was convinced. The same day we had driven a Mercedes 500, a Boxer,a Vet and a Saab. But in the end as much as I may have settled for another car she felt the XK8 was the one! The dealership was terrific and we took delivery the next day.

Big Jag
By Boltman on 01/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Jaguar XK-Series Convertible XK8 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Repair cost, when needed, is very expensive. The parts drive the cost of repair up, the labor is usually competitive.