2003 Jaguar XK-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XK-Series model:
Elegance & beauty
By Sonni on 09/22/08 08:37 AM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar XK-Series XK8 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Beautiful sleek profile--I love the look and style. Gorgeous wood dash. Fabulous power--gotta watch the speed. Strangers stop and stare and comment that they love my car--me too. Even the 25-26 mpg was a pleasant surprise.

Know what it is.
By Mr Dearborn on 12/04/07 13:51 PM (PST)

2003 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

The XKR is a touring car, not a race car. People often get caught up in statistics when evaluating cars in this category. The XKR is heavier than other sports cars so it is slower in 0-60 times and around a track. You do get something though from the weight - leather and wood everywhere. Sitting in an XKR is a thrill in itself let alone driving it. And it is plenty fast with 400bhp. There are some quirks and design flaws on the XKR that you wouldn't find on a German car but the XKR seethes passion unlike its rivals. It is gorgeous to look at and a very rare car, the coupe especially; people will stare. In short, when I feel like getting out of town for a weekend, this car is perfect.

Wife Loves It (so do I)!
By 2ndowner;2ndJag on 11/03/06 16:40 PM (PST)

2003 Jaguar XK-Series XK8 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Wife's Xmas present 12/05. She said she always wanted one, and she couldn't believe it when it "appeared" in the driveway 2005 Xmas a.m! She drives it everyday. This is "our" 2nd Jaguar; had an '89 XJS coupe (V12) previously - what an improvement since Ford took over. The '03 is wonderful: 4.2 engine is buttery smooth, and not as fragile as former 4.0 of earlier years' V8s. I put the XK-R wheels on it with all-season Michelins, and these work much better in winter than the 19s with Pirrelli summer/snows -- we have a lot of rough roads in Michigan. KNOW your mechanic, even if just warranty stuff. Not all dealers have "Jaguar certified" ones do work (some go out on own).

excellent xk8
By jagxk803 on 12/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jaguar XK-Series XK8 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Love this car for the fact that my father had a e-type back in the 60s and these bring me back to those days. Jag has wonderful services and excellent reliability.

THE MOST FUN YOU CAN HAVE
By CLINE DAVIS on 12/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

THIS CAR IS THE MOST EXCITING CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED AND WILL CONTINUE TO TURN HEADS EVERY WHERE I GO! THE FUNNY THING IS MOST PEOPLE HAVE NEVER REALLY SEEN ONE AND I LOVE IT!

Singing in the Rain with my Top down!
By Simone on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

This car has changed my life,liturally! I no longer stress in traffic jams, I have the convertible top up or down with ONE touch of a button,I feel safe and it almost drives itself. Their are features to let you know how far you are behind and in front of and obstacle with a ring of a ascending bell. My trunk is HUGE, holds 2 sets of golf clubs and ALL the Holiday Shopping I can do in one day! I look forward to going to the store a quick errand. When I drive I am wrapped in Performance and Luxury.

Fun car, build quality weak
By bobsmith on 11/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jaguar XK-Series XK8 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Performance and styling are outstanding. The factory quality has declined over the previous jaguar I had. The interior headline is impossibile to keep clean and the boot for the top is antiquated.

The Bomb
By Ericp on 07/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar XK-Series XK8 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is my fav. car! I am so glad my dad decided to get this work of art for me! if u are considering getting this car my words to you are wat r u waiting for!?? It makes me feel like i am the happiest 16 year old in the world. My words to you:Get one now!!!!!!!!!1

Bad news when problems happen
By PerryR on 06/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I just had my 2003XKR break down while I on a trip. My steering went out. Jahuar does not keep replacement parts! They kept telling me "next day" stories on when it would be fixed. After almost three weeks I got the car back. Now I am getting the roal run around on what they promised to reimbusement for travel to get back home. Beware...this company wants to sell you a car, but does not live up to any of the after the sale promises. Its' always a story as to why someone else gave you wron information.

The fastest Gentleman's Club in England
By David Ford on 05/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

OK, so I'm biased. I'm a Brit, work both in the US and the UK - but the XKR is the second I've had - and the 2003 model is my latest purchase for my UK travels. I've driven stacks of different and very nice cars - but something just keeps me in these Jaguars. Perhaps it's the feeling that any moment the waiter will come over and ask if sir would care for another Pimm's.. All that leather and walnut combined with neck snapping acceleration make this a seriously quick tool for demolishing distances in style, grace and comfort. I guess (proudly) it's something that us Brits still do well