Used 2003 Jaguar XK-Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Jaguar XK-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XK-Series model:

Elegance & beauty
By Sonni

2003 Jaguar XK-Series XK8 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Beautiful sleek profile--I love the look and style. Gorgeous wood dash. Fabulous power--gotta watch the speed. Strangers stop and stare and comment that they love my car--me too. Even the 25-26 mpg was a pleasant surprise.

Sleek sexy look; great performance; lovely interior; envious looks

Update the nav/GPS

Know what it is.
By Mr Dearborn

2003 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

The XKR is a touring car, not a race car. People often get caught up in statistics when evaluating cars in this category. The XKR is heavier than other sports cars so it is slower in 0-60 times and around a track. You do get something though from the weight - leather and wood everywhere. Sitting in an XKR is a thrill in itself let alone driving it. And it is plenty fast with 400bhp. There are some quirks and design flaws on the XKR that you wouldn't find on a German car but the XKR seethes passion unlike its rivals. It is gorgeous to look at and a very rare car, the coupe especially; people will stare. In short, when I feel like getting out of town for a weekend, this car is perfect.

Styling. 4.2 liter supercharged engine.

Some minor quality issues.

Wife Loves It (so do I)!
By 2ndowner;2ndJag

2003 Jaguar XK-Series XK8 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Wife's Xmas present 12/05. She said she always wanted one, and she couldn't believe it when it "appeared" in the driveway 2005 Xmas a.m! She drives it everyday. This is "our" 2nd Jaguar; had an '89 XJS coupe (V12) previously - what an improvement since Ford took over. The '03 is wonderful: 4.2 engine is buttery smooth, and not as fragile as former 4.0 of earlier years' V8s. I put the XK-R wheels on it with all-season Michelins, and these work much better in winter than the 19s with Pirrelli summer/snows -- we have a lot of rough roads in Michigan. KNOW your mechanic, even if just warranty stuff. Not all dealers have "Jaguar certified" ones do work (some go out on own).

Looks/styling, performance (for a grand tourer), prestige, and features. Wife's "blue baby" is unique in our area, and she sure has fun with that.

For what one looks for in a vehicle such as this, not much can be done to improve it. "Nitpicking" items: cup holders, convertible boot cover, and visibility to the rear (although not much catches up with her!).

excellent xk8
By jagxk803

2003 Jaguar XK-Series XK8 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Love this car for the fact that my father had a e-type back in the 60s and these bring me back to those days. Jag has wonderful services and excellent reliability.

Love the styling and reverse park control. Also Alpine sound system sounds great.

A retractable hardtop.

THE MOST FUN YOU CAN HAVE
By CLINE DAVIS

2003 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

THIS CAR IS THE MOST EXCITING CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED AND WILL CONTINUE TO TURN HEADS EVERY WHERE I GO! THE FUNNY THING IS MOST PEOPLE HAVE NEVER REALLY SEEN ONE AND I LOVE IT!

STYLING IS EVERYTHING