Used 2002 Jaguar XK-Series Coupe Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Jaguar XK-Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2002 Jaguar XK-Series Coupe

View reviews for a specific XK-Series model:

Finally Found The Perfect Car (for me anyway...)
By mplstim

2002 Jaguar XK-Series Coupe XK8 2dr Coupe (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my 2002 XK8 in December 2011 with just 47,000 miles on it.
I've never owned a Jaguar but after an exhaustive search for a luxurious coupe and being open to just about anything, I could not find anything out there in a reasonable price range until I started researching the 1997-2006 Jaguar XK series.
It took a while to find the right one, but I finally found a black on black coupe for sale in Philadelphia.
I drove it 1500 miles over a weekend back to Minnesota and absolutely love everything about it.
Power, handling, comfort, luxury and the most unique and
beautiful styling I've ever seen.

Get one!!
You won't be disappointed

The car is breathtaking in it's beauty inside and out. There is nothing else like it on the road. It is supremely comfortable on long journeys and is an excellent mix of power, handling and quiet luxury. The interior is especially beautiful with rich wood trim and wonderful leathers. Handling is superb in spirited driving or quiet and sedate if that is what you want. I've taken it to it's extremes in cornering and found it very easy to control rear end drift. Prices on these cars are very reasonable. People fear a Jaguar out of warranty and the depreciation reflects this. They are an absolute steal in today's market while history shows them to be very reliable.

I specifically chose the XK8 over the supercharged XKR to avoid issues with superchargers, adaptive suspensions, expensive brakes etc... I test drove both versions and while an XKR is absolutely thrilling to drive, the XK8 is plenty fast. I think the simpler systems will give fewer problems. My car was upgraded with a Borla exhaust system and 19" wheels. The exhaust sounds wonderful when you step on it but subdued in normal cruising. I put new Goodyear Eagle GTs on my car and they made a big difference in ride and handling. Great tires for this car.

Shoulda gone for the R
By yogistein

2002 Jaguar XK-Series Coupe XK8 2dr Coupe (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

I love driving this car, and I wish it had more
amenities, like the BMW 7 series. If you can,
go for the XKR: while the XK8 is great, the
extra--wheels and the nav system--make it
all the
more worthwhile.

Driving it is a blast.

Nav should be standard. More leg room for the driver's seat. Passenger seat should have the same controls as the driver's seat. Middle arm rest should be adjustable forward and back.

Awesome car!!!
By Mary Watson

2002 Jaguar XK-Series Coupe XK8 2dr Coupe (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

This car was just really nice when I
bought it little did I know it was
goingt to be amazing to drive I
recommend this car to anyone who is
thinking about buying it you will love
it I know you will. Have Fun!!

How fast it can go!

Nothing I can think of at this time.