2002 Jaguar XK-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XK-Series model:
Finally Found The Perfect Car (for me anyway...)
By mplstim on 01/13/12 13:47 PM (PST)

2002 Jaguar XK-Series XK8 2dr Coupe (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my 2002 XK8 in December 2011 with just 47,000 miles on it. I've never owned a Jaguar but after an exhaustive search for a luxurious coupe and being open to just about anything, I could not find anything out there in a reasonable price range until I started researching the 1997-2006 Jaguar XK series. It took a while to find the right one, but I finally found a black on black coupe for sale in Philadelphia. I drove it 1500 miles over a weekend back to Minnesota and absolutely love everything about it. Power, handling, comfort, luxury and the most unique and beautiful styling I've ever seen. Get one!! You won't be disappointed

2002 Jaguar XKR
By Les on 04/16/07 16:56 PM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl S/C 5A)

After 30 years of driving, this is by far the best driving car I have owned. Recent 3500 mile trip was a smooth satisfying experience (as opposed to other sports cars where I needed to rest kidney bruises). Bought it Select Edition pre-owned. Very satisfied with reliability and efficient warranty repair and maintenance program.

Great vacation car
By rmk on 03/18/07 12:19 PM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Just try to fit a suitcase or two and golf clubs into the new MB, Lexus or new Jag XK. Can't do it with the new cool hard/convertible tops down. Top down, trunk space gone. I really like the clean look of the new disappearing hard convt tops but not at the expense of the trunk. I use this car to take to the coast or mountains for vacation and pleasure driving. It has a large trunk and is very powerful, comfortable. I will not be getting a new one due to the trunk space issues.

A terrific vehicle
By peregryne on 03/12/07 11:01 AM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar XK-Series XK8 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

This car is a blast to drive, it handles really well, and has good acceleration. Unfortunately I haven't been able to verify the top speed :), but at high speeds it's still very smooth and quiet. The convertible top produces little noise, and looks great from inside. Jaguar reliability is much better than it used to be, and the AJ-V8 engine and ZF tranny are a very solid combination. Research the timing chain tensioners however, esp. on pre-2000 models. Oil changes are very easy thanks to intelligently-situated filter and drain. Good amount of trunk space, but the back seat is all but useless for moving people.

Powerful but refined
By G Pinsky on 06/28/05 19:53 PM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl S/C 5A)

My car is bright red with black leather interior and it is stunning. There is not a more beautiful vehicle on the road. I wanted a fine luxury convertible for weekend driving with room for 2 suitcases or sets of golf clubs. There are only a few vehicles in this class but the others are set up for racing and I wanted a smoother ride. The XKR has the power and performance in a league with the 500 SL Mercedes and the Porsche but the ride and features of a fine luxury car. It is perfect the perfect mix for me.

Shoulda gone for the R
By yogistein on 07/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar XK-Series XK8 2dr Coupe (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

I love driving this car, and I wish it had more amenities, like the BMW 7 series. If you can, go for the XKR: while the XK8 is great, the extra--wheels and the nav system--make it all the more worthwhile.

GREAT
By katherine )& on 03/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl S/C 5A)

This is one of the most cofortable cars i have ever drove

SEXY BEAST
By Jungle Jim on 01/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Beautiful, powerful auto. Turns heads everywhere. Great leather & walnut inside, but cheap plastic controls just below that gorgeous wood. Sound system should be better. Rocket-like acceleration. Superb handling. 20 mpg on highway.

Awesome car!!!
By Mary Watson on 11/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Jaguar XK-Series XK8 2dr Coupe (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

This car was just really nice when I bought it little did I know it was goingt to be amazing to drive I recommend this car to anyone who is thinking about buying it you will love it I know you will. Have Fun!!

SUPER
By Thomas2 on 09/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 100 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl S/C 5A)

This car is perfect. The best car I have ever driven. My dream car.