2001 Jaguar XK-Series Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XK-Series model:
Excellent Experience everyday
By purrrfecttq on 07/07/12 11:46 AM (PDT)

2001 Jaguar XK-Series Convertible XK8 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

This was my first used car purchase, so I was hesitant. But I got a good deal on a 5 year old jag XK convertible. It was gorgeous!!! I have now owned it for many years and put about 40k miles on it. It has been such a fun car to drive and own, it converted us to be loyal Jag owners. We now have just purchased our 4th jag (2012 XF) and have loved every one of them. The scare tactics that other dealers told us were all lies. We have had nothing but wonderful experiences with our Jags. In fact, I have been more satisfied with our 4 Jags than any of our Toyotas or Hondas or Lexus vehicles (which we still own as utility vehicles). These have been the best car buying purchases we've ever made!

Used again??
By jag4jj on 01/02/07 10:15 AM (PST)

2001 Jaguar XK-Series Convertible XK8 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

This is my first Jag. I was a Vette person for years. I've had problems with the driverside rear alignment due to the fact the car was hit and repaired prior to my purchase, which I did not know about. Once this is corrected, I do believe it will be excellent. I look forward to trading in a year or so for a 2007. Like the retractable top, not keen on the lact of trunk space. Not much room for golf clubs. :)

used is ok too
By mesamark on 10/23/05 11:54 AM (PDT)

2001 Jaguar XK-Series Convertible XK8 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

This car has been an excellent vehicle as the second owner. Fuel economy for a V-8 has been very good. The only caution is it is very gas sensitive, meaning lower quality premium fuel will impact performance significantly. I'd recommend the car to anyone

2001 XK8
By mercedes1 on 02/21/05 00:32 AM (PST)

2001 Jaguar XK-Series Convertible XK8 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

I considered models of four cars I have owned in the past. Namely Porsche 993, Mercedes SL500, Corvette and another 993/996. This time I bought an XK8 after due consideration. It had 14,000 miles on it. I probably would not have bought it except that because they depreciate so fast I got one for just over 30K. I am favorably impressed with the car. It combines a gorgeous sports car look with pretty good performance, very good gas mileage (26 mpg hghway), good ride and handling and a lot of creature comforts. Since my wife liked the car at test drive time it was an easy sell for me. No complaints.

Motoring Delight
By NiceWheels on 01/03/05 16:42 PM (PST)

2001 Jaguar XK-Series Convertible XK8 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

The car is a fantastic machine with timeless styling. The generous use of high quality wood and leather make it a pleasure to sit in each and every time. Rear seat is absolutely unusable even by my toddlers. Should not even be there. I still look forward to driving the car which is more than I can say for most cars after the initial euphoria wears off.

Very Poor resale value
By loud on 03/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Jaguar XK-Series Convertible XK8 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

Very Poor resale value, I'm getting very little for a trade in value. Seems like you can $10k off the price of a new one. That type of discount on new ones is killing the value of mine.

Wonderful xk8
By lashayjag -owner on 12/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Jaguar XK-Series Convertible XK8 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 6th Jaguar and my second Jag convertible. Jag has really improved since the xjs conv. I love the exterior styling and the AJ-V8 engine.

Jaguar XK* Convertible
By mdol722 on 12/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Jaguar XK-Series Convertible XK8 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

This is the best handling vehicle that I have ever driven. The excelleration is supurb and the style is in its own class! A REAL EYE CATHCER AS WELL!!!

Gorgeous Car
By cjaubert on 08/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jaguar XK-Series Convertible XK8 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

Wonderful looks, great ride, very plush. Only complaint is lack of real comfort. Bottom line: I love this car.

Jag XK8 Great Drive!
By sporter on 04/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Jaguar XK-Series Convertible XK8 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

I LOVE this car. It's even better thanI thought it would be! I bought the car because I've always admired the Jaguar look. I expected that driving the car wouldn't be as great an experience as looking at it. But I was wrong - driving is just as enjoyable! For my money, the Jaguar XK is far and away the best looking (late model) convertible available. For it to be as great to drive (short or long distances) is a bonus that makes the car impossible to beat.