Used 2001 Jaguar XK-Series Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Jaguar XK-Series Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XK-Series model:

Excellent Experience everyday
By purrrfecttq

2001 Jaguar XK-Series Convertible XK8 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

This was my first used car purchase, so I was hesitant. But I got a good deal on a 5 year old jag XK convertible. It was gorgeous!!! I have now owned it for many years and put about 40k miles on it. It has been such a fun car to drive and own, it converted us to be loyal Jag owners. We now have just purchased our 4th jag (2012 XF) and have loved every one of them. The scare tactics that other dealers told us were all lies. We have had nothing but wonderful experiences with our Jags. In fact, I have been more satisfied with our 4 Jags than any of our Toyotas or Hondas or Lexus vehicles (which we still own as utility vehicles). These have been the best car buying purchases we've ever made!

The style is still classic and gorgeous. I get stopped often, by people who just want to tell me how beautiful the car is. Even though the car is over 10 years old, people think it is new... now that is classic!

Visibility is not good. Although I have rear sensors for parking lots, I think that the camera and sideview mirrors, "blindspot assist" lights (like I have on my '09 and '12 XF) are important and valuable features. Every car should have these safety features.

Used again??
By jag4jj

2001 Jaguar XK-Series Convertible XK8 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

This is my first Jag. I was a Vette person for years. I've had problems with the driverside rear alignment due to the fact the car was hit and repaired prior to my purchase, which I did not know about. Once this is corrected, I do believe it will be excellent. I look forward to trading in a year or so for a 2007. Like the retractable top, not keen on the lact of trunk space. Not much room for golf clubs. :)

Easy to get into the car. You don't have to drop down!

The retractable top should be glass like the Mercedes AMG.

used is ok too
By mesamark

2001 Jaguar XK-Series Convertible XK8 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

This car has been an excellent vehicle as the second owner. Fuel economy for a V-8 has been very good. The only caution is it is very gas sensitive, meaning lower quality premium fuel will impact performance significantly. I'd recommend the car to anyone

Backup warning system, easy to use convertible top, map pockets on both doors

Better radio, easier to access DC power hookups, easier to use coolant reservoir, more DC outlets

2001 XK8
By mercedes1

2001 Jaguar XK-Series Convertible XK8 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

I considered models of four cars I have owned in the past. Namely Porsche 993, Mercedes SL500, Corvette and another 993/996. This time I bought an XK8 after due consideration. It had 14,000 miles on it. I probably would not have bought it except that because they depreciate so fast I got one for just over 30K. I am favorably impressed with the car. It combines a gorgeous sports car look with pretty good performance, very good gas mileage (26 mpg hghway), good ride and handling and a lot of creature comforts. Since my wife liked the car at test drive time it was an easy sell for me. No complaints.

auto up and down windows when the doors are opened, navigation system, right combination of handling/ride characteristics, visibility, body design

Remove back seat area and redesign as storage space. Substitute convertible top with retractible hardtop as Mercedes/Lexus has done but without taking any trunk space. Redesign of instrument cluster.

Motoring Delight
By NiceWheels

2001 Jaguar XK-Series Convertible XK8 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

The car is a fantastic machine with timeless styling. The generous use of high quality wood and leather make it a pleasure to sit in each and every time. Rear seat is absolutely unusable even by my toddlers. Should not even be there. I still look forward to driving the car which is more than I can say for most cars after the initial euphoria wears off.

Engine and transmission work beautifully together. Not too many gimmicky features though, very nice.

More power is always welcome, as would be a power hard top. I've had both, the rag top is more nostalgic, but the power Hard top is way more practical. Would settle for an automatic tonneau cover for the rag top.