Stunning cat
By Ben Leone on
1997 Jaguar XK-Series XK8 2dr Coupe
This car is a sheer rush to drive. I have five other cars that all look great but this car is a stunner, stunner, stunner. The coupe is what makes it so different compared to today's vehicles that resemble soap bars. I have been taking care of some basic areas of maintenance, the tranny needed a fluid change. I put new platinum plugs in. Fixed the rear deck brake lamp. Now I am contemplating the engine timing tensioners which are said to be a weak point in the 4.0 motor. Mine is not showing any indication of ticking or jumped timing on cold start-up. I will look into this further. I still love the car, even if someday I put a ford 351 motor in it.
Favorite Features
The body style is superior. People give me dirty looks in this car like my daddy bought it for me. Even my wife notices people looking at us in an awkward fashion. My wife says it is their problem. If you want a Jag, get a Jag you only live once. Mine is sapphire blue with chrome wheels. Stunning!
Suggested Improvements
A motor that will not cost a fortune to repair. I have only owned it two months and have spent some 18000 dollars so far. I will keep you posted as to how I fair as time goes by. Thanks for reading this, I hope it helped.