1997 Jaguar XK-Series Coupe Consumer Reviews

1997 Jaguar XK-Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

XK8 4.0L V8 5-speed Automatic - (9 reviews )
Jaguar XK-8 Coupe Saphire Blue
By Ben Leone on 03/31/10 09:14 AM (PDT)

1997 Jaguar XK-Series Coupe XK8 2dr Coupe

When critiquing a vehicle like this you must look at the unique elements of the piece. This piece is nothing less than STUNNING. I bought my Jag used. I LOVE it! The original owner paid 80K for it. I paid 14K. I did the valve cover gaskets and the top tensioners and that cost me 900 bucks. So far knock on wood, the car has been great! I would recommend this car to anyone. I am tired of looking at vettes and porsches, nothing personal of course. My car is one of 40 to come to the US in Sapphire Blue! Now that is rare, coupled with the fact that only 1129 coupes were made for America that year!

The Best Car than they have been Invente
By Jimmy on 03/28/10 11:22 AM (PDT)

1997 Jaguar XK-Series Coupe XK8 2dr Coupe

This car is the best car than they have been invented in its category, the car everything is of an exquisite quality, I have had Mercedes Benz SL500 of 1995 and I assure to them that this model of Jaguar XK8 is far better in all but comfortable but pretty better service and east durability vehicle is for all the life.

Stunning cat
By Ben Leone on 10/08/07 16:02 PM (PDT)

1997 Jaguar XK-Series Coupe XK8 2dr Coupe

This car is a sheer rush to drive. I have five other cars that all look great but this car is a stunner, stunner, stunner. The coupe is what makes it so different compared to today's vehicles that resemble soap bars. I have been taking care of some basic areas of maintenance, the tranny needed a fluid change. I put new platinum plugs in. Fixed the rear deck brake lamp. Now I am contemplating the engine timing tensioners which are said to be a weak point in the 4.0 motor. Mine is not showing any indication of ticking or jumped timing on cold start-up. I will look into this further. I still love the car, even if someday I put a ford 351 motor in it.

Val's Jag
By valdempsey on 06/09/06 19:35 PM (PDT)

1997 Jaguar XK-Series Coupe XK8 2dr Coupe

I bought a low miles (17000) black w/tan interior convertible (from a music icon who bought he car off the showroom floor in Nashville). I am the second owner. I enjoy it. Only drive it on nice days. I rarely push it but when I do it performs. The interior quality is not up to what it should be and I would have put some metal in the front where that plastic piece is. I think this is the first year that Ford made the car. The technology on the engine was flawed in materials but does not seem to be too big a problem. Light lenses leak but glass is so much better than all the new plastic lenses. All and all a good car. Classic? Don't bet on it.

Incredible value
By xkdave on 05/26/05 08:34 AM (PDT)

1997 Jaguar XK-Series Coupe XK8 2dr Coupe

The XK is perhaps the best looking vehicle made, at least in coupe form. Even after all these years in production, the car gets the looks like it was a brand new design. Be careful if you're taller than 6'. It can be cramped inside.

Automotive art
By geffel on 08/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Jaguar XK-Series Coupe XK8 2dr Coupe

This car has been a joy to drive for over two years. It has had its fair share of mechanical problems, and it does have some quirks (stalling at 90mph on the freeway once!), which are largely down to user error e.g. you should wait for the car to complete its diagnostics on start up before engaging a gear, otherwise you get an erroneous error message. There is nothing like an XK8 for getting admiring glances from those in the know, and from people who just love the classic lines of the beautiful cat. Despite the fact that I am trading mine in for something much more practical, I will always love the luscious feline with its muscular physique and energy.

xk8 coupe
By jaguar52662 on 02/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Jaguar XK-Series Coupe XK8 2dr Coupe

my 3rd jag, tis one is very fast at low speeds . it is not as warm as the xj6 or xjs it seems to have a cold almost german car feel to it , the perfomance is great, the suspension holds the road like no other car ( the factory tires are 12.5" wide) no out side noise but you can hear the exahust at low speeds, not a bad thing

best hi-performance car buy
By tlee on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Jaguar XK-Series Coupe XK8 2dr Coupe

Replacing my Benz, I wanted a hi- performance, unique automobile that did not make me look like a middle aged old fool in a fast car (I'm 44). The Jaguar XK fit the bill. There are tons of bmw's, vette's, Z's and porsche's on the road, but few XK's. I feel great every time me and my '97 blue XK with only 27k drives up and by those 'other' cars, looking pretty and sophisticated. Ford has done a superb job improving upon Jag's reliability without ruining the styling, but few know it, making the XK the best hi- performance used car on the market today.

XK8 Surprises after 3 years
By commuterjag on 01/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Jaguar XK-Series Coupe XK8 2dr Coupe

I bought primarily based on looks with some attention to features like horsepower, big tires, interior -- and I still think it's one of best vehicles you could ever own. I thought I'd be paying for all the fun someday in repair bills, but to my surprise, the vehicle has been very reliable and trouble free. Knock (dashboard) Wood.