1997 Jaguar XJR Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.0L 6-cyl. Supercharger 4-speed Automatic - (3 reviews )
Oh what a ride it was!
By Dolle Dolf on 11/18/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Jaguar XJR Sedan 4dr Sedan

My well-maintained but hi-miles (160k) car died recently (227k) when the supercharger disintegrated and destroyed the engine. Too much $$ to repair. I already have spent $20k in 3 years in repairs, due to expensive parts. ABS/traction control module had to go to UK for reprogramming. Rear hub melted, destroyed a rotor and a drive shaft. A door dent was expensive to fix. some preventative maintenance including tranny fluid lines. The sunroof was $1200+. The seat computer I never bothered with as it conked out whilst in my fave position. etc etc. Still no regrets. These are beautiful, inspired cars and it has been a true joy to own. A perma-smile on my face each time I drove it.

XJR
By marosari00 on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Jaguar XJR Sedan 4dr Sedan

The XJR is truly a supercar in it's own right. It is understatement at it's best. Just possibly looking at the XJR logo on the vehicle or the 255/45zr17 tires may give away what lurks beneath the hood. Power is availble on command. Does well in city driving. Give it an open road and it will slap a smile on your face. Repairs can be expensive so make sure the preventive maintenance is taken care of without fail. This vehicle keeps bimmers and mercs at bay!

1997 XJR
By DavidG on 12/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Jaguar XJR Sedan 4dr Sedan

Buying this car was a dream! I knew the car had a lot of horsepower but never fully comprehended it until I floored it, two words came out with the first being "OH....", the 2nd I will leave off. This car is a dream to drive and even comfortable on long drives. This is one of the smoothest cars I have driven. I had hit 100 on the interstate and not even notice it until I looked down. When I pointed this out to my better half, her response was "All I am saying is your son is in the car". I personally think he liked it.