Used 1996 Jaguar XJR Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Jaguar XJR Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.0L 6-cyl. Supercharger 4-speed Automatic - (4 reviews )

KING of the Road
By Jeff

1996 Jaguar XJR Sedan 4dr Sedan

Being in the auto industry for over 25 years I did my research on this purchase, searched for 2 years for this beauty. You cannot find a better combination of style, class and performance out there for the buck. Replace exhaust system with a stainless steel one i.e. mina, borla. Yoko's are the best tire. Get a radar det

The stock HK stereo is out of this world.

Drivers seat wear is imminent.

Great Car
By EricXJR37

1996 Jaguar XJR Sedan 4dr Sedan

I got a steal on it for 3000$, it's a beautiful car no doubt, it drives like a dream, for the 4.0L supercharged motor it's not really hard on gas I'd say I get 25 mpg . It's a real head turner, the 17 inch rims are nice for and stock rim from the dealer, I don't like the CD changer in the trunk but that really doesn't matter its not hard to put 6 cd's and listen to the radio if you're sick of the cd's. Parts are expensive especially the crest but I shaved off mine since it was stolen.

Performance , Luxury comfort, LOOKS are incredible, Supercharged in-line 6 way better on gas than a v12.

expensive parts

xjr luxury rocket
By klet

1996 Jaguar XJR Sedan 4dr Sedan

this car not only turns heads,but leaves the the competition behind. very very very fast!!! i am always with smile on my face when i drive this car, it is the best kept secret around!!! watch out gas mileage about 13-16 pirelli p zeros pull car on rutted roads

How come know one talks about this car
By HateGermanBrakes

1996 Jaguar XJR Sedan 4dr Sedan

It'a rocket in hiding. If a BMW 540 owner ever had this car, he would be bragging about his V-8. Power is amazing at 322 HP. New Mods (V8's) have higher HP 370 but about the same same torque. Had many other HP luxury cars. Power is better than BMW's 540, or Mercedes 430 or Lexus 400 series. Reliabilty has been better than average for me. Brakes are way better than any any german car. I have 47K on original brakes and they still look good for another 20K. Both my BMW's and Mercedes ate brakes about ever 20-25K. Can't believe these cars don't hold value better.

322 HP. Supercharger, 18" Wheels, loe Interior finsih quality. Most awesome stereo (Made by Harmon Kardon) available in luxury car. Kicks MB, BMW, Lexus to shame.

CD in Dash not Trunk, I rarely ride back there The auto dimming mirriors will melt in texas heat. Take it to glass shop and get standard no glare glass installed. The Jaguar dealer can't fix this problem. Gas Mileage of 322 Hp car (13-16mpg).