2014 Jaguar XJ Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Jaguar XJ - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XJ model:

My third Jaguar, but my first XJ
By cbrandi

2014 Jaguar XJ 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I cross shopped all the major cars in the class, wanted a luxurious car with a definite performance edge. Decided Maserati Ghibli was too much an unknown and its interior wasn't up to snuff. The S Class was superb but too large and too expensive. The BMW 7 series needs updating, it looks and felt like a bloated 3 Series. Audi's are boring. I've been very happy with my decision. Its fast, but very comfortable on long road trips. Although large, it drives small. Quality is outstanding and attention to detail, make it one of the best interiors for any amount of money. Gas milage has been amazingly good for such a large car. This is where the all aluminum construction pays off.

Interior, high quality leather everywhere, fit and finish make it a delightful play to spend time. The broad choice of colors, both exterior and interior again add to the upper class feel. It's not just another gray or black car. I also like the power train smooth and powerful yet efficient.

Rear sunshade should be standard on a car with such a long rear window.

Fast ,Luxurious and Beautiful
By xjr

2014 Jaguar XJ XJR LWB 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl S/C 8A)

I have owned my 2014 XJR LWB for a year and I love it ! Jags have always built the most beautiful sedans and the new XJR makes its German competition look like the tanks (with go faster wheels) they really are . The power and handling of this luxury sedan has to be experienced to be believed . It easily compares to top performing sports cars but with the discomfort . Drive one you'll see !

Power and handling . Interior and exterior styling