Big Blue Beast
By melancholyman on
2013 Jaguar XJ 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)
Always thought I'd wind up with a Mercedes-Benz or Lexus. Looked at E-Class Mercedes and Lexus ES and GS. Found the Mercedes interior disappointing. Sitting in both Lexus models was like sitting inside a computer: soulless and cold. No personality or warmth at all. Sitting in my AWD XJ is like being in a leather chair in an English gentleman's club. Plenty of power, excellent handling. Design and build quality both superb. A bigger car than I actually wanted, but, when we sat in it, my wife and I just looked at each other and knew we'd found our car.
Favorite Features
The interior is utterly magnificent. Spacious, supremely comfortable, and just plain gorgeous to look at, as is the exterior styling. Material quality is outstanding.
Suggested Improvements
Trunk a bit on the small side. Adequate, but, no more. Surprised that driver's seat doesn't automatically retract to facilitate exit and entry when engine is turned off.
By fortstring
on 09/06/13 00:51 AM (PDT)

Cool review. Though I lean toward Japanese in spirit, I'm a bit of an Anglophile meself. xD Hope they get the reliability up, that would be gr8 for Englishmen and former colony residents alike. lol