Used 2013 Jaguar XJ Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Jaguar XJ - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XJ model:

The exceptional Jaguar XJL
By D.W. Smith

2013 Jaguar XJ 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

It is a big comfortable car. It is beautiful to look at and to drive. You will get noticed in this car! If you are looking for a fine automobile, you cannot go wrong with the Jaguar XJL.

Welcome to my gentleman's stage of life
By cbrandi

2013 Jaguar XJ 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I've owned performance oriented cars of all stripes. This is my first tilt into the luxury side of the equation. I've had two previous Jaguars and loved them, being fast, comfortable and beautiful. I like the fact that these cars stand apart from the German crowd. They offer color choices and interior choices unlike the German boredom. BTW I've owned several German cars too.

"grace, pace and space"sums up the classic Jaguar. My XJ is true to the brand's identity. It's beautiful, fast and very comfortable. The interior is like a gentleman club room, leather, wood and chrome. The car's all aluminum and so lighter and more agile then its size would suggest. It's fast and handles well. Gas milage is excellent for such a large car too.

make adaptive cruise control standard.

Best value for $$$
By carlspackler1

2013 Jaguar XJ XJL Portfolio 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Simply the best car I've owned. After many Mercedes, I grew tired of their mundane interiors, and lately their Rube Goldberg exterior styling.
The interior is measureably more luxurious and inviting than any Mercedes we've owned. The doors close with a solid "thunk"' reflecting the quality. Instrumentation is straightforward, and the audio quality is far beyond anything we've heard from Mercedes.
Despite the negative reviews of the audio/navigation system, we've found this system much more user friendly, and programs easier than Mercedes clunky system.

Luxurious interior, and fit and finish is superb. The audio system is one of the best we've heard. It's a great value, costing thousands less than a similar equipped S550.

Start stop Eco mode needs some refinement. It works ok, but in stop and go traffic, itseems to start / stop at random.

Lucky to be alive
By trish78

2013 Jaguar XJ XJL Ultimate 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl S/C 8A)

I've had since Dec 2003('s done 50,000 miles and has been one careful driver - me- and sevice and checked by Jag dealer regularly.
On Wed 13th November 2013 I was driving on a dual carriageway at
60mph when the car suddenly accelerated. I thought the cruise control was on and braked to cancel it, but the car just kept going faster. I tried switching to manual and forcing it into lowest gear with no effect, pumping
brake and engaging the hand brake , but the car just kept going faster and I was rapidly approaching other vehicles. So I moved into the fast lane, which was clear, but then two cars pulled out in front of me to overtake a lorry. At 90mph I hit themand am lucky to be alive

Big Blue Beast
By melancholyman

2013 Jaguar XJ 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Always thought I'd wind up with a Mercedes-Benz or Lexus. Looked at E-Class Mercedes and Lexus ES and GS. Found the Mercedes interior disappointing. Sitting in both Lexus models was like sitting inside a computer: soulless and cold. No personality or warmth at all. Sitting in my AWD XJ is like being in a leather chair in an English gentleman's club. Plenty of power, excellent handling. Design and build quality both superb. A bigger car than I actually wanted, but, when we sat in it, my wife and I just looked at each other and knew we'd found our car.

The interior is utterly magnificent. Spacious, supremely comfortable, and just plain gorgeous to look at, as is the exterior styling. Material quality is outstanding.

Trunk a bit on the small side. Adequate, but, no more. Surprised that driver's seat doesn't automatically retract to facilitate exit and entry when engine is turned off.