2011 Jaguar XJ 5.0L V8 Supercharger 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - the Jag finally makes the

2011 Jaguar XJ - Consumer Review

2011 Jaguar XJ XJL Supercharged 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

XJL Supercharged Sedan (5.0L V8 Supercharger 6-speed Automatic)

the Jag finally makes the leap into 21st century
By nsgy on

2011 Jaguar XJ XJL Supercharged 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

was in the market to replace my 06 Range Rover Sport with a new supercharged one when my wife stumbled across the Jag XJ. we both loved the look and decided to test drive it. Once I sat in it I was mesmerized, once I drove it I was Sold. had it for a week. I would have never considered the a Jag before ( old people car). but this new car puts the S550, 750Li, Audi A8 to shame with looks and performance. Car&Driver tested it at 4.4 sec 0-60 and lists its competitors as S63, Maserati Quatroporte, Porsche Panamera Turbo, all of which cost 40k more than the Jag. love the stares and compliments. very poorly advertised. out since 2010, did not know it existed. the Jag for the young.

Favorite Features

glass/mirror like paint job. stick you to your seat no delay acceleration. Impeccable interior. digital dash. Bluetooth streaming (connects to iphone automatically and plays songs) also Rhapsody. Awesome 1200w 7.1 B&W Sound. XJL very roomy. trunk auto open/close.

Suggested Improvements

slow response touchscreen Nav/info system (needs faster processor). Rear Entertainment center is a single DVD player???( 6 DVD changer is standard and more convenient). fob key is too large ( age of minimization!) bulky to place in pants pockets (espec. with other keys) espec with keyless entry. ride/seats could be more cushioned (although car is built as a SPORT luxury car, I can live with that). No SAT link (SOS or Onstar like srvc). side rear shades not auto. front Parking sensors are not automatically on on forward approach ( must press button to activate, just like BMW's). can not comment on reliability yet.
By Pavarotti
on 07/24/12 13:52 PM (PDT)

how old are you?