Used 2011 Jaguar XJ Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Jaguar XJ - Consumer Reviews

2011 Jaguar XJ

View reviews for a specific XJ model:

Here kitty kitty.......
By GMilliken

2011 Jaguar XJ XJL Supercharged 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

This is my second Jag in 3 years. I bought the XF, which I thought was the cats meow. It was all good until I took it in for scheduled maintenance and I was given an XJ as a loaner. Within 2 months I was driving the XJL. I have had the car about 6 months now. I bought it used with only 11k miles and it has been a joy to drive and a real head turner. This car is so fast that I have had to se the alarm when I am driving on the Freeway. I broke down and bought a radar detector after I got stopped by the highway patrol over Memorial Day weekend. I came over a hill saw him, looked at my speed which was 90 and just started to pull over. By the time he caught up with me I was pulling onto the shoulder. Unbelievably he did not give me a ticket. Complimented the car and told me to watch the speed because of the holiday weekend. I was shocked. My insurance went up when I bought the car and I was dreading what a ticket might do to it. The car has never denied me the power I have requested. You press the accelerator and it just keeps going, no lag or hesitation, just pure power. Oh, and the sound of the engine, lovely. When the sports mode is engaged it is a completely different driving experience. Where the car is fast to start with the sport mode ads a bit more edge. You have the option to use the paddle shifters when in sports mode, but the shifting is so smooth and in tuned with the car that I let it shift itself. Only complaint is the touch screen interface for the Entertainment System. It leaves a lot to be desired. It is not responsive at all unless the heal of your hand accidentally touches the screen and then you usually loose whatever you were doing. Work around is the voice recognition system. It works like a charm, so I use that when I need to set up Navigation or play with the sound system. Back seat is unbelievable with the picnic tables and climate controls. You can actually cross your legs in the back seat. The fit and finish is second to none and the ride incredible. It oozes luxury but in a kind of understated way. Friend just got a new Benz, I have owned them in the past and the new ones seem kind of gimmicky to me. The Benz logo pops open and a camera comes out when backing up, when the door is open it shines the words Mercedes Benz on the ground. Kind of tacky, I thought. If you are looking for a car that stands out from the usual and has sports car power and awesome luxury this is your car.

Jaguar XJL Supercharged
By carsrgr8

2011 Jaguar XJ XJL Supercharged 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

We bought a used jaguar xjl supercharged in march. We were looking at a range rover, porsche panamera or maserati quattroporte. We decided to test a jaguar xj and this was it. Stiched leather, glossy burl wood and chrome accents cover the cabin. The car is fully loaded and comes with ventilated seats front and rear and massaging seats. The engine is a monster supercharged 5.0L V-8 that makes 470 hp. The instrument cluster is digital and looks like a laptop screen. It is very well lit and is made to resemble real gauges but you can bring up navigation and radio on the screen. The exterior also has no radio sharkfin which contributes to its sexy roofline. Buy it and you won't be disappointed.

ventilated seats, massaging seats, engine exhaust and growl, elegant airplane style air vents, comfortable and soft leather, sun shades, 20 inch rims, automatic trunk and neat digital cluster.

There are just a few lower quality plasticky pieces in places where you cannot see it nor do you ever touch it however in $100,000+ car when new you would expect a little more. I also would like to see jaguar fill out their line up with a plug in hybrid, a base four cylinder, keep the super v-6 and super v-8s and add a top of the line XJ-12 with a supercharged 12 cylinder to compete with the mercedes s600/s65, bmw 760, audi w12 and bentley flying spur. I would also like to see an update to the navigation and audio system. The car's ride quality is on the sportier harder side and should be more comfort oriented on the L models. I love my car and would buy a newer one in the future.

Big Cat
By ljosephus

2011 Jaguar XJ XJL 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

We only have 3,000 miles on our SJL but, so far, we are really pleased.
Performance is fine.
Rear seat legroom is exceptional.
With the exception of what appear to be overly wide gaps at fenders, hood, trunk lid, etc. the build quality seems excellent.
Just a few minor niggles:
The rear cup holders are positioned in a way that makes them virtually unusable.
The wood grain on the front doors does not match that across the dash (under the windshield), there is no dead pedal and the electronic responses (start-stop button, for example) is way too slow.
Ride is a little harsh.
Standard radio is great!
Both the transmission and engine are A-OK!
And the value, overall,
is outstanding.

Great standard radio. Excellent acceleration. Huge rear seat legroom. Beautiful appearance of both the interior and exterior (with the exception of some overly wide gaps at the fenders, trunk lid, hood, etc.).

Reposition the rear seat cupholders. Speed-up the electronic controls (i.e. eliminate the long delays for the Start/Stop functions). Add a dead pedal. Eliminate the issue of the wood grain trim not matching (i.e. from the front doors to the dashboard portion under the windshield). Make the seat controls more intuitive. (i.e. Mercedes-Like with controls that mimic the shape of the seat back, seat cushion, headrest, etc. The Jag controls require "looking at" them to effect the desired positioning).

Simply the best.
By frisko4me

2011 Jaguar XJ XJL Supercharged 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I have have had the privlidge of owning many luxury cars.
BMW's, Benz, and Jaguars.
This car is superior in every way to its predecessors and to its competition.
It sets the bar very high for the next generation of luxury performance autos.

Gorgeous, very comfortable, and a rocket.

I would not change a thing.

The big cat of modern motoring
By attorney88

2011 Jaguar XJ Supercharged 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I have a propensity of hating big cars. Therefore, with some reservation, I leased a XJ super charge last week after the lease expiration of XF Supercharge. (This is my forth Jaguar vehicle).
The car is a wonder, it dissipates my dislike for big cars as it actually feels agile and precise in handling (you don’t feel the car is big when driving).
The power is beyond any description and more than adequate at all levels. My car is in ultimate black with London tan as interior. Just a week, the car has totally won my admiration as well as a lot of compliments from pedestrians at stoplights and strangers at car washing place. This is cat befitting the image of Jaguar, elegance, power and luxury.

Styling and power, also high tech aspects of the car, such as vitual instrumental cluster.

More 20 inch wheel (rim) choices.