2011 Jaguar XJ - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XJ model:
Big Cat
By ljosephus on 05/23/11 11:53 AM (PDT)

2011 Jaguar XJ XJL 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

We only have 3,000 miles on our SJL but, so far, we are really pleased. Performance is fine. Rear seat legroom is exceptional. With the exception of what appear to be overly wide gaps at fenders, hood, trunk lid, etc. the build quality seems excellent. Just a few minor niggles: The rear cup holders are positioned in a way that makes them virtually unusable. The wood grain on the front doors does not match that across the dash (under the windshield), there is no dead pedal and the electronic responses (start-stop button, for example) is way too slow. Ride is a little harsh. Standard radio is great! Both the transmission and engine are A-OK! And the value, overall, is outstanding.

Simply the best.
By frisko4me on 05/21/11 22:04 PM (PDT)

2011 Jaguar XJ XJL Supercharged 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I have have had the privlidge of owning many luxury cars. BMW's, Benz, and Jaguars. This car is superior in every way to its predecessors and to its competition. It sets the bar very high for the next generation of luxury performance autos.

The big cat of modern motoring
By attorney88 on 04/18/11 08:06 AM (PDT)

2011 Jaguar XJ Supercharged 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I have a propensity of hating big cars. Therefore, with some reservation, I leased a XJ super charge last week after the lease expiration of XF Supercharge. (This is my forth Jaguar vehicle). The car is a wonder, it dissipates my dislike for big cars as it actually feels agile and precise in handling (you don’t feel the car is big when driving). The power is beyond any description and more than adequate at all levels. My car is in ultimate black with London tan as interior. Just a week, the car has totally won my admiration as well as a lot of compliments from pedestrians at stoplights and strangers at car washing place. This is cat befitting the image of Jaguar, elegance, power and luxury.

This is my third XJ over 28 years
By geezergourmet on 04/07/11 09:45 AM (PDT)

2011 Jaguar XJ 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

The 83 XJ6 was stately and stable, the 98 XJ8 had elegance with performance. This 2011 XJ, with the interior upgrade package, has all of the above attributes on steroids. Steering is very quick and precise. Acceleration and braking are awesome. Jaguar now has a car with all the bells and whistles expected at this price point, along with the beautiful styling and brilliant performance expected of Jaguars. This is a world class car.

SuperSport: Just something extra
By fastrunner13 on 04/03/11 13:59 PM (PDT)

2011 Jaguar XJ XJL Supersport 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

As is custom built and I ordered my 2011 SJL SS in March 2010 and wait to end of August 2010 for delivery the wait was worth every moment. I had driven the Supercharged 470hp with all the extra add ons that are standard on the Superport and just had to have the ultimate with 40Hp more. Long wheel base is great, hadles like a sports car (almost) and goes like the new Ferrari 1/2 second slower in 1/mile at 112mph. Eats up miles with on long trips of 12hrs without driver fatigue. Maybe the best car ever and at a bargin price. In metalic silver looks like a block of machined aircraft aluminun. Sound system is better than any I have heard from expensive stereo/theater systems.

the Jag finally makes the leap into 21st century
By nsgy on 01/15/11 06:56 AM (PST)

2011 Jaguar XJ XJL Supercharged 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

was in the market to replace my 06 Range Rover Sport with a new supercharged one when my wife stumbled across the Jag XJ. we both loved the look and decided to test drive it. Once I sat in it I was mesmerized, once I drove it I was Sold. had it for a week. I would have never considered the a Jag before ( old people car). but this new car puts the S550, 750Li, Audi A8 to shame with looks and performance. Car&Driver tested it at 4.4 sec 0-60 and lists its competitors as S63, Maserati Quatroporte, Porsche Panamera Turbo, all of which cost 40k more than the Jag. love the stares and compliments. very poorly advertised. out since 2010, did not know it existed. the Jag for the young.

Just got mine last Monday
By ecurry on 12/23/10 14:28 PM (PST)

2011 Jaguar XJ XJL 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned 4 Mercedes Benz's and 2 Lexus'. I owned two S500's ( an 01 and an 02), an 03 SL 500 and a '10 E350 that we recently purchased earlier this year. I still have my '02 S500 and I love that car. I purchased all my vehicles new. Prior to this new change, I wouldn't even look at a Jaguar. There was nothing exciting about the vehicle at all. ( The same way I feel about Lexus now. Its a safe boring car.) I had actually gone to the dealership to look at the Panamera when the salesman told me I should look at the new XJ. He walked me over there and I was done!!! This is the sexiest car ever built. Go ahead and spend more money if you wish, you will NOT get more car!!!

Amazing and beautiful
By trojan on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Jaguar XJ Supercharged 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

My last several cars have been MB/Audi/MB/BMW. I've always wanted a "Jag" since seeing them as a kid but expense plus reliability always gave me pause. As soon as I saw the new XJ I got goosebumps - loved the lines and modern styling. Interior makes the German cars look pathetic. Although I wouldn't have imagined getting a full size sedan, I got an Ultimate Black Supercharged SWB. The figured ebony trim is gorgeous. So comfortable. Feels very light - super smooth acceleration. Love it! My dealer (Rusnak in Pasadena) has exhibited personal attention to detail, the German dealers never showed. You will love the stares. Several folks have stopped me to compliment the beauty of the car.

Service Nightmare
By Dissapointed on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Jaguar XJ XJL Supercharged 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I've had my XJL SC 16 weeks. 2 weeks after taking delivery, it was in the shop to have multiple rattles and pops repaired. 3 weeks later, I got it back, free of pops and rattles. Yesterday, I got in the car and the audio system was only putting out sound on the passenger side. Hoped it was a fluke, but no, same problem this AM. And these aren't the only issues- Edmunds only gives me so much space I cannot deny that this car is compelling to drive. On the days that everything works, it is a true pleasure. The build quality and reliability are abysmal though.

The Cat is on the prowl
By ALPHA JAG XJL on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Jaguar XJ XJL 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

The car is amazing. Interior is well crafted. Drove on the highway for 8 hours this week-end. No fatigue, body aches, etc. Excellent ride. Gas mileage on the highway is outstanding. One word to describe the engine, POWERFUL.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Jaguar XJ in VA is:

$101 per month*