2008 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XJ-Series model:
Wonderful Jag !
By gmayfield on 03/01/11 18:00 PM (PST)

2008 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan Vanden Plas 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Very fun to drive. Not sure about reliability as it only has 14k miles. Drives like a dream & very responsive handling and acceleration. 2 quirks I will mention: No back-up camera in navigation system. "beep" signal is very adequate though Rear seat headrests hinder rear outward vision TREMENDOUSLY !!! I wish they could flip down out of the way or could be removed easily. The headrests enlarge the blindspots on both sides, therefore you must rely heavily on rear view side mirrors when changing lanes. Make sure mirrors are adjusted correctly or you WILL cut someone off when changing lanes. Otherwise, one of my most memorable cars to drive & to look at.

Not your Dad's Jag!
By Steve-o on 04/03/08 10:03 AM (PDT)

2008 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan Vanden Plas 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The car is really big, but feels much more nimble that you would expect. The power in the non-supercharged engines is adequate for the car's weight. The acceleration is a bit better than my 2006 Mercedes S-350 with slightly better fuel economy.

Jaguar Vanden Plas (Boca Raton, FL)
By J. Lo Re (Florida) on 11/24/07 14:24 PM (PST)

2008 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan Vanden Plas 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This car is an absolute dream to drive with a ton of features and a new sportier exterior design in the 2008 model. The interior is beautifully crafted with 2 tone leather seats and elm wood finish. The car just handles extremely smooth and is very comfortable with a long body for tall passengers in the back seat. The drive is very luxurious while it has a feeling of plenty of power (I have the 300 HP version) since the aluminum design makes it lighter than ever. It just handles very well overall and corners extremely well. I have had 2 BMWs previously and this stacks up extremely well (maybe a tad better) to BMW.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.