2008 Jaguar XJ-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XJ-Series model:
Wonderful Jag !
By gmayfield on 03/01/11 18:00 PM (PST)

2008 Jaguar XJ-Series Vanden Plas 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Very fun to drive. Not sure about reliability as it only has 14k miles. Drives like a dream & very responsive handling and acceleration. 2 quirks I will mention: No back-up camera in navigation system. "beep" signal is very adequate though Rear seat headrests hinder rear outward vision TREMENDOUSLY !!! I wish they could flip down out of the way or could be removed easily. The headrests enlarge the blindspots on both sides, therefore you must rely heavily on rear view side mirrors when changing lanes. Make sure mirrors are adjusted correctly or you WILL cut someone off when changing lanes. Otherwise, one of my most memorable cars to drive & to look at.

Maintenance
By Al on 06/29/10 13:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 L 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned the car for a little over a year and the air-conditioning went out. We I took it in the said the brake pads had to be replaced. We only have 15,000 miles on the car. The dealer mechanic said we would have to change them every 20,000 miles or less. This does not seem right. Is this a design flaw in the car?

Mercedes Beater
By Gray Jag on 01/23/10 05:04 AM (PST)

2008 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 L 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I recently bought a Mercedes, trading in mY Range Rover, as I travel long distances on business. After 500 miles I realized it was uncomfortable and poorly built. I then bought my Certified XJ8L and have since put 3000 fast, quiet comfortable miles on the car in three weeks. Although a (very) big car, with room for the times I take my teenage kids, it's aluminium construction means it takes corners quickly, stops quickly and has reasonable gas mileage. It's classic looks in Pearl Gray always attract attention and it stands out from the generic luxury sedan look. The car gives me great pleasure. If you are looking for a light, fast luxurious car, you should try one.

Just perfect
By mike on 12/09/09 16:53 PM (PST)

2008 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The car is beautiful, comfortable, reliable, fast, sporty and classy. The gas mileage is probably the best in this luxury segment.

Not your Dad's Jag!
By Steve-o on 04/03/08 10:03 AM (PDT)

2008 Jaguar XJ-Series Vanden Plas 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The car is really big, but feels much more nimble that you would expect. The power in the non-supercharged engines is adequate for the car's weight. The acceleration is a bit better than my 2006 Mercedes S-350 with slightly better fuel economy.

The Best There Is for Us
By suoxor on 03/08/08 13:31 PM (PST)

2008 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 L 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Now 58, I have always desired to own an XJ8. That dream was realized this past August when we purchased the L model. In no way has this dream car let us down. From the youngest to the oldest, heads turn toward it when it appears on the street. Never in my life have I enjoyed the comfort and style of a car more than our beauty silver model.

Vast and Furious
By Frisko4Me on 01/14/08 15:32 PM (PST)

2008 Jaguar XJ-Series Super V8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

The nicest car that I have ever driven. 400 horsepower purring at your command. I compared Audi A8, BMW 7 Series, Lexus, and Mercedes. I believe this car is the best combination of performance and comfort on the market today. Easy to use touch screen navigation and Blue Tooth communications, (no annoying iDrive). New, more comfortable seats in the 2008 (traded an '04 XJR). Also cabin is much more quiet than previous models.

Not just another pretty face
By Frisko4me on 12/31/07 22:55 PM (PST)

2008 Jaguar XJ-Series Super V8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

The nicest car I have ever owned, and I have owned many. Very comfortable new seats for 2008. I previously owned a 2004 XJR and this car is much more comfortable. Recently drove 3000 freeway miles, and love this car. Lots of leg room front and rear. Amazing 400 horsepower, this car can be a rocket. Yet, very good on gas, averaged over 23 MPG.

2008 XJR
By Dave on 12/23/07 09:50 AM (PST)

2008 Jaguar XJ-Series XJR 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Got on order list in July for this 2008. Liquid silver with charcoal interior, climate package and sirius. This redesigned car is awesome. Looks like something from a custom shop. The 20 inch 5 spoke cremona wheels and ground effects give a real aggressive stance. Test drove mercedes, audi and BMW. These sedans don't even approach the interior class or the road performance of this rare machine. And I do mean rare, few are being built, is a plus. As prior owners of a M5 series BMW, this jag is leaps and bounds above the rest. And the supercharged V8, is faster than audi, mercedes and BMW, but 26 miles per gallon on the highway, no gas gusler tax on this cat, unlike the other three tested.

Jaguar Vanden Plas (Boca Raton, FL)
By J. Lo Re (Florida) on 11/24/07 14:24 PM (PST)

2008 Jaguar XJ-Series Vanden Plas 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This car is an absolute dream to drive with a ton of features and a new sportier exterior design in the 2008 model. The interior is beautifully crafted with 2 tone leather seats and elm wood finish. The car just handles extremely smooth and is very comfortable with a long body for tall passengers in the back seat. The drive is very luxurious while it has a feeling of plenty of power (I have the 300 HP version) since the aluminum design makes it lighter than ever. It just handles very well overall and corners extremely well. I have had 2 BMWs previously and this stacks up extremely well (maybe a tad better) to BMW.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.