2006 Jaguar XJ-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XJ-Series model:
Second VDP
By Michelle on 04/04/06 19:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar XJ-Series Super V8 Portfolio 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

This is my second Vanden Plas! I bought the 2004 in 2003 when they first came out with the aluminum body style. I knew it would be hard to replace. I test drove some Mercedes S class vehicles which had a lot of nice technology and fun features, but parked next to my 2004 Jaguar, the 2007 S550 exterior styling just didn't have any of the sexy lines like the Jaguar. Just picked up my Midnight 2006 VDP with all the options. Compared to my old silver one - people (especially guys) really stare. The black with tinted windows and chrome wheels is very sharp!

Classic Style
By Ronnie G on 03/23/06 18:57 PM (PST)

2006 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I've been driving my new XJ8 for the past 3 months now and have been enjoying it ever since. I love the feeling of driving a car of this class, with its luxurious leather and wood and excellent Alpine sound system(worth the upgrade with the navi). The car feels big and important but at the same time feels very quick and sporty. The acceleration is super quick when merging on interstates and the car feels light when cruising. When driving, everything feels higher than your seated position giving a low, sporty feel, which is unique in a luxury car. I've bought my dream and I love every bit of it.

XJ8
By BMW enthusiast on 01/08/06 21:34 PM (PST)

2006 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

As a long time multiple purchaser of 7 series BMW's, I stumbled onto this beautiful auto. It is still to new to evalute for the long term, but what a wonderful highway drive and a reasonable performer. Not a 7 series for performance, but more elegant looking and interior comfort unmatched by BMW or MB, and $20k less.

Best XJ Yet!
By Lloyd on 12/06/05 16:57 PM (PST)

2006 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

We have owned XJ Jaguars since early 80s. We loved the exterior style; were non plussed about the performance; but, suffered the interior dimensions. At 6' 4" in height it was a challenge to fit myself into the driver's seat (not to mention two equally tall sons in the rear seats). Now almost everything has changed. This model is an extraordinary improvement. The interior is very spacious. More head room than even my height can use. A back seat that provides two 6' 2" gentleman with more than ample leg, shoulder and head room. Incredible handling and driving performance. It is fast, silent and smooth. All the while, it has retained the Jaguar elegance which we have always appreciated.

Jaguar - A Class by Itself
By Carl A. Carreca on 10/27/05 16:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar XJ-Series Super V8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Jaguar has done it again. This car is by far the most elegant and at the same time sporty in the luxury car field. No other manufacturer offers a muscle luxury sedan with superb styling like Jaguar. I bought this car with Jaguar Racing Green exterior. It is really unique and the number of compliments I get on this car is amazing. It performs well at all speeds and handles like a dream even at well above the speed limit. It feels like a much smaller sports car as far as roadability is concerned but rides like a much larger car which it really is. So far only oil changes and tire rotations.

BETTER THEN MERCEDES
By Anthony G on 08/20/05 09:30 AM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar XJ-Series Vanden Plas 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

After having a S-Type and E-500, the Vanden Plas is by far the best car I have ever owned. If your looking for a Jaguar go for the XJ8L or the Vanden Plas. Style, Comfort, Performance, and Touch Screen Navigation are great! This car also looks better then any Mercedes on the Road including the S-Class!

Wonderful Driving Experience
By Will on 08/01/05 13:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 L 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is the most comfortable and best driving car that I have ever owned. The Jaguar styling is distinctive and classical in every respect. Unlike BMW and Mercedes, the instrument panel is not cluttered with complicated controls. I have the long wheel base model--the rear compartment is almost livingroom-like. For a car of this size and weight, milage is excellent; I have gotten almost 30 mph on the highway.

Outstanding Sedan...I love it!
By Rosalie Lynn Friedma on 07/30/05 12:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar XJ-Series XJR 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

This automobile is luxurious in looks and the way it drives. I am pleased with its interior, as well. It is responsive on the road, and very easy to drive, and all comments received are very favorable. I am proud to drive this vehicle, and enjoy owning it immensely. I would recommend this car to anyone who wants to own a large, comfortable, prestigious automobile.

Love My Jag!
By Sea Breeze on 07/20/05 18:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar XJ-Series Vanden Plas 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

My husband surprised me w/my '05 XJ Vanden Plas N.Y.'s Eve. This has been my dream car all of my life. It drives like a dream. It looks gorgeous and still turns my head.

Jaguar does it
By Allain on 07/15/05 23:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 L 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Great car. Great looking and what a joy to drive. Test drove MBZ e350 MBZ s430, AUDI A8, BMW 745 and 5 series-- Nothing could touch the Jag in my opinion. Best Value in a luxury car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.