2006 Jaguar XJ-Series Consumer Reviews 2

2006 Jaguar XJ-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XJ-Series model:
The Rocket Ship
By The Rocket Ship on 01/10/08 21:16 PM (PST)

2006 Jaguar XJ-Series Super V8 Portfolio 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

The 2006 XJ Super V8 Portfolio is my 6th Jaguar and by far the best and my previous 5 Jaguars were terrific. MB says that the S550 is a rocket ship. Not true. My wife owns an S550 and I can say from experience the 2006 Super V8 Portfolio is the true rocket ship.

Slightly used Vanden Plas
By RAK on 01/05/08 06:48 AM (PST)

2006 Jaguar XJ-Series Vanden Plas 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Recently bought a 2006 VDP which came fully loaded. The car is an absolute treat to drive, with a responsive, powerful engine that still gives good gas mileage. It is quiet and smooth, yet can take corners at speed. The interioir is a place of calm and comfort. I like this car very much.

Vanden Plas
By cg on 06/07/07 07:01 AM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar XJ-Series Vanden Plas 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I absolutely love this car. I have always thought it one of the most beautiful avaialable cars, but with the redesigns and the increased head room, they are there. She is quiet, quick, incredibly nimble for a big car, and flat out nice to be in.

Awesome, look no further
By shr100t on 05/07/07 07:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar XJ-Series Super V8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I have driven Jags all my life and every time I buy a new one it only gets better, I now own a Super V8 and wow the power, the luxury - absolutely awesome. I would love to see in the next generation XJ a backup camera, to me this is all that is missing. The car is fun to drive, plenty of power and just so British, fit for a king. If you are thinking of owning one, go test drive one, before you waste your money on other luxury models, you won't be sorry. Happy motoring and enjoy.

Gets better each time I drive
By dubark on 01/18/07 17:44 PM (PST)

2006 Jaguar XJ-Series Vanden Plas 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Car continues to amaze me. Feel like I don't want to shut it down. Observers want to look at vehicle in and out. It's a jewel.

Sweetie3
By Sweetie3 on 08/25/06 22:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 L 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Great car, smooth ride, excellent handling

A fantastic car that could be even better
By John on 08/17/06 13:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar XJ-Series XJR 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

This is a wonderful vehicle, that has excellent luxury and comfort and great performance. It probably needs more power, as standard luxury cars are getting into the horsepower and 0-60 range of this car. I understand that Jaguar can get 550 bhp out of this engine - what's stopping them. An R version of this car should go 0-60 in 4.5 sec or less. Other than these issues (and the car is incredibly fast, it just could go faster), the car is fantastic.

Amazing
By randy on 08/11/06 00:10 AM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 L 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The moment I drove this car home I realized this is an amazing vehicle. The ride is an absolute joy and the power and acceleration are great. The finish both interior and exterior are superb and are an example of how well made these cars are. The navigator is easy to use and I love the big screen. A group of 5-6 fellows commented to my wife and I as we were getting in the car. What a cool car, we are just admiring and drooling over it. The jag does look sharp and luxurious.

Exceptionally nice car
By Terry on 07/29/06 23:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I was very surprised at the increased room and comfort of this new body style while retaining the classic and timeless Jaguar styling.This car is gorgeous inside and out. Perfect fit and finish reflect the meticulous care that must have been used in the design and construction of this car. This car is truly excellent in every category I can think of and it is reasonably priced. It beats the competition by a mile!

Best XJ Ever !
By Jag Man on 05/01/06 11:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The all new XJ with aluminum is without question the best improvement Jaguar ever made to this legendary car. Jaguar stands alone in looks for cars in this price range. This JAG turns heads.