Used 2006 Jaguar XJ-Series XJR Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Jaguar Xj-series - Consumer Reviews

XJR 4.2L V8 Supercharger 6-speed Automatic - (3 reviews )

A fantastic car that could be even better
By John

2006 Jaguar XJ-Series XJR XJR 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

This is a wonderful vehicle, that has excellent luxury and comfort and great performance. It probably needs more power, as standard luxury cars are getting into the horsepower and 0-60 range of this car. I understand that Jaguar can get 550 bhp out of this engine - what's stopping them. An R version of this car should go 0-60 in 4.5 sec or less. Other than these issues (and the car is incredibly fast, it just could go faster), the car is fantastic.

Favorite Features

The burled walnut on this car is heavenly - you find yourself just staring at it. The performance is great, the interior and exterior looks are top notch. Back seat is spacious. Great ergonomics: good cup holders and no confusing iDrive. Love the adaptive cruise control and power folding mirrors

Suggested Improvements

1 To compete in its class, this car needs more horsepower. It's fast but not wicked fast like the AMG Mercedes 2 Lack of dual sun-visors on drivers side is a saftey issue 3 Cooled seats, heads-up display and keyless-go would be nice 4 Better clothes hooks 5 Leaper should be touch screen default.

Outstanding Sedan...I love it!
By Rosalie Lynn Friedma

2006 Jaguar XJ-Series XJR XJR 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

This automobile is luxurious in looks and the way it drives. I am pleased with its interior, as well. It is responsive on the road, and very easy to drive, and all comments received are very favorable. I am proud to drive this vehicle, and enjoy owning it immensely. I would recommend this car to anyone who wants to own a large, comfortable, prestigious automobile.

Favorite Features

I love the body contours, and the luxurious interior. It is sleek and beautiful inside and out, and handles very responively on the road. I feel very safe in this car.

Suggested Improvements

I would have a car seat to match the interior, as an optional purchase, available to the consumer. This would be an excellent add-on, that the public would really appreciate, parents, and grandparents, alike!

An Incredible Car
By My First Car

2006 Jaguar XJ-Series XJR XJR 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

The Jaguar XJR was a gift to me from my father for my 16th birthday. It is my dream car of course next to the Rolls Royce. However the ride is amazing and the heads turn when this baby come down the street. If i could change one thing it would be a gadget in the cabin that released the hood orniment and a brushed aluminum instead of wood option.

Favorite Features

I love the way it feels to be in safe, fast, luxurious, and most importantly it feel all around well constructed.

Suggested Improvements

Hood Ornament Release lever in cabin! Brushed aluminum or chrome option for intirrior other than all that wood