2006 Jaguar XJ-Series Consumer Reviews

2006 Jaguar XJ-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XJ-Series model:
It's the experience
By jshrrh on 05/23/13 18:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Found my low-miles little old man owned black-on-black beauty. Drives like a dream, powerful, luxurious interior and a classic shape that makes a subtle statement that doesn't have to compete with the new swoosh shaped mobiles. The luxury for value of this slightly older car is amazing. Better still is the technology and appointments found in this car. Folks are astounded when I tell them that my 300 ponies in this extravagant car gain me 28+mpg on the highway... No need for an Optima. Jag can, and do it like no other. I compared Mercedes S500 (2005) when shopping and while I admire that car, its low fuel economy, complexity and lack of comparable character swing towards the Jag.

top notch
By oyahc on 06/03/11 20:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned this one for 3 years; it is awesome! I also have an XKR and an XKE. The power is incredible; it exudes luxury, and the maintenance has been minimal.

One of the best
By leapord06 on 12/26/10 17:16 PM (PST)

2006 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 L 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The cost of repairs after warranty is a drawback. The ride, Luxury, and beauty can not be denied. The road noise on back country roads is a bit much for this class of vehicle. On a smooth highway you could not complain, for it is as quiet as can be. My friends love the comfort of the back seat. 1 repair to a stopped up drain hose for the sun roof which allowed water into the rear rh floor board and had to go through the boot (trunk) cost $875.00 dollars. I would still buy another easily.

Best of the breed
By soccercoach99 on 06/05/10 17:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Jaguar got it right with this car, I have seven, including sports cars like Honda S2000 and Porsche Boxster, and American muscle car classic Impala SS -- the Jag does it all, quietly, composed, and quick. Can't imagine a more responsive and comfortable vehicle.

XJ Offspring is wonderful!
By rhassm on 09/06/08 04:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 L 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

My wife inherited a XJ12C that I eventually restored. I was aware of some of the older Jaguar "mythology". As I restored this vehicle, the craftsmanship and engineering made an impression on me; however, the design and styling were the best. After learning this older Jag, we could not stray too far from the classic style and comfort of Jaguar. The 2006 XJ L is a remarkable vehicle. We have experienced fuel economy greater than 25 mpg on the road, in some cases very close to 30 mpg. The nimble comfortable ride make this vehicle a treat to drive.

By ken on 07/14/08 13:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar XJ-Series Super V8 Portfolio 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

The comfort and performance of our 06 Jag XJL is well beyond everything we expected. I have owned a Mercedes SL and this Jag responds much better in any type of driving. I do not understand the low rating on MPG as after almost two years, I get at least 20 MPG around town and no less than 30 on the highway at 75+ MPH. More if I keep it under 70.

Bargain Luxury?
By socalh2oskier on 06/04/08 05:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

One of the quietest, smoothest rides you can find. And, if you do your research, you can find genuine bargains. I paid $33k for a 2006 with 18k miles, with an 84 month/75k mile warranty. Seats are comfortable - this is one of the best cars you could ever have for a long trip. Stereo is fantastic, nav is easy to operate, and bluetooth syncs easily with most phones. Surprisingly, gas mileage is very good. I average 18-20 in the city, and 27-29 on the highway. Handling, although far from sports-car like, is quite good. Overall, this is a fine car, much better than other cars in the same price range.

Spectacular auto
By J Hensing on 03/21/08 18:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar XJ-Series Super V8 Portfolio 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Finest car I've owned. Drives with great accuracy despite its size. Power is remarkable with smooth acceleration/shifts. Rides beautifully and yet corners surefootedly. Interior is truly luxurious including the sound system and the back seat AV DVD system.

Luxury & styling #1, reliability OK
By Alan B on 02/25/08 13:06 PM (PST)

2006 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Drives great, very luxurious experience, especially on the inside. Wife's favorite car. But understand you are buying the beauty and ride, not reliability or longevity. After 24 months had 3 recall/warranty items - didn't cost us a thing and Jag service was great! Nevertheless never had those issues with my BMWs, MBs, or even my Escalade. A fourth item, we paid $700 for rear brake pads/disks due to defective electronic parking brake no releasing fully (not covered). All this in 24 mo. If you love the car, recommend short lease 24-36 mo so you get it new. If you're buying for the long term/holding onto, I'd rec'd something else. But, we'll still get another one!

Number 1 on the market
By trc468 on 01/31/08 19:11 PM (PST)

2006 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I am back to Jag. It is like coming home to that smooth, comfortable and quite ride. Besides the XJ8's unmistakable classy exterior design, it offers the most beautiful interior on the market today. With its 300HP, this car can preform as well. It is tight and quick on it's feet. Great performance with a remarkable average of 19.4 MPG (mostly city driving). This is my third Jag since Y2000, and I can tell you these cars are extremely dependable! Do not make the same mistakes by straying away to the other luxury brands. Wow, it's great to be home!