Used 2006 Jaguar XJ-Series Consumer Reviews - 34 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Jaguar XJ-Series - Consumer Reviews

2006 Jaguar XJ-Series

View reviews for a specific XJ-Series model:

Love my jaguar
By Leonard Johnson

2006 Jaguar XJ-Series Vanden Plas 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I owned a 98 XJ8 and had lots of engine problems costly one but I was in and accident and if I was in any other car I wouldn't be here so I purchased a 2006 xJ8 and I'll say without a doubt! This is by far the best car I've ever owned and I've had many . Love it

It's the experience
By jshrrh

2006 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Found my low-miles little old man owned black-on-black beauty.
Drives like a dream, powerful, luxurious interior and a classic shape that makes a subtle statement that doesn't have to compete with the new swoosh shaped mobiles.

The luxury for value of this slightly older car is amazing.
Better still is the technology and appointments found in this car.
Folks are astounded when I tell them that my 300 ponies in this extravagant car gain me 28+mpg on the highway...
No need for an Optima.
Jag can, and do it like no other.
I compared Mercedes S500 (2005) when shopping and while I admire that car, its low fuel economy, complexity and lack of comparable character swing towards the Jag.

All aluminum construction, leather and burled walnut interior, spacious yet comfortable and supportive seating, elegant styling, fuel economy, power, handling. The looks you get when you you pull up in it. Valet parking in Vegas is the best...

Back-up camera. I have the Nav screen so it is possible and love my wife's back-up camera. This older car is without XM radio and we've grown to love XM. I have the blue-tooth but it only syncs to one phone at at time so wife and I can't just jump in and have it recognize either phone. I like the new keyless cars but the Jag key is very unique though you knee can hit it. Suspension repairs, the only real reliability issue with this car, can be expensive and are common... I'm hoping my low miles car won't fail for a while. Suspension could be a tad stiffer for handling (like the XJR is).

top notch
By oyahc

2006 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned this one for 3 years; it is awesome! I also have an XKR and an XKE. The power is incredible; it exudes luxury, and the maintenance has been minimal.

awesome interior and power

smoother ride on rough roads

One of the best
By leapord06

2006 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 L 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The cost of repairs after warranty is a drawback. The ride, Luxury, and beauty can not be denied. The road noise on back country roads is a bit much for this class of vehicle. On a smooth highway you could not complain, for it is as quiet as can be. My friends love the comfort of the back seat. 1 repair to a stopped up drain hose for the sun roof which allowed water into the rear rh floor board and had to go through the boot (trunk) cost $875.00 dollars. I would still buy another easily.

engine horsepower with great fuel economy and luxury throughout.

less road noise on coarse back country roads and use of regular fuel, at today's prices especially.

Best of the breed
By soccercoach99

2006 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Jaguar got it right with this car, I have seven, including sports cars like Honda S2000 and Porsche Boxster, and American muscle car classic Impala SS -- the Jag does it all, quietly, composed, and quick. Can't imagine a more responsive and comfortable vehicle.

Comfort, quiet, class interior, quick responsive power and handling. Very economical with relatively low weight and good aerodynamics.

The dealer labor rates and practices are out of line, replaced brake disks (instead of simply turning) with exorbitant parts prices -- thank goodness the 2006 Jag V-8 and transmission are pretty much bullet proof.