2005 Jaguar XJ-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XJ-Series model:
Hit the Road
By Michael Roberts on 05/20/05 17:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 L 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned my new XJ8-L for 6 months and have put a total of 5200 miles on it. The longest road trip was from Portland Oregon to Palm Springs California about 1100 miles on I-5 . This road trip was 15 1/2 hours with stops just for gas and food. The seats are very comfortable and the car was a dream. After driving that distance you really get to know what your driving. Most impressive besides the handling and endless accelerating power was the fuel mileage, I was averaging in the high 20's and that's at speeds between 75 and 90mph most impressive for such a large car. The car never lost power even going up the LA Grapevine. The return trip was just as much fun and in record time!

My XJ8
By Ed Piccolino on 05/10/05 17:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

A remarkable combination of agile performance, but not at the sacrifice of a very comfortable ride -- up to now, an impossible combination.

My Jaguar XJ8
By Richard Anapolsky on 05/07/05 12:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I love the vehicle, it's look, ride and performance. The only major problem I have had is the computer system/modules. I find warning lights going on and then the dealer having problems tracing the route of the problem. Changing any of the 8 computer modules doesn't correct the problem. Hopefully the problem will be found and I will be able to enjoy my XJ8 even more. I have also not been able to find a supplier of the trailer hitch that Jaguar says is available for use with this auto. In addition producing an auto that is wired for cellular use and being told by the dealer that to activate it is $1,00- is ridiculous. Jaguar should price the activation to be affordable.

I traded a 911 Cab for this
By Bonitabum on 05/01/05 09:37 AM (PDT)

2005 Jaguar XJ-Series XJR 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

After struggling with a 911 Carerra 6 speed in S. Florida traffic for 3 months, I called it quits and traded the Porsche for the XJR. At first I was leary, of Jaguar and sedans. After 1 hr in the XJR I knew I had found the perfect blend of performance, comfort, and the prettiest vehicle on the road. I Love It!

Have to Love a Jag
By Jerry on 04/30/05 07:22 AM (PDT)

2005 Jaguar XJ-Series XJR 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

If you want Performance and luxurious comfort, the XJR is the XJR is the only one. The quality of the leather and wood is not found in the German or Japanese competitionand the 0-60 time of 5 seconds along with the air suspension makes this both perform and ride better then the rest, and unlike the past, the quality is top notch, let alone the service you receive from the dealerships even when only having an oil change.

Great car
By matthew on 04/28/05 23:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is one great car to own. It's bizarre how I catch myself driving this car much slower than any previous car I have owned. The reason: I feel like a million bucks driving it, and want to spend as much time behind the wheel as possible.

2005 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

great car to drive... lots of gadgets, can be confusing. Bucket seats could be more comfortable. Excellent fuel mileage, up tp 32 mpg. Superior exterior finsh. Very steady at high rates of speed and difficult to stay within speed limit.

2005 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Great car to drive... lots of gadgets, can be confusing. Bucket seats could be more comfortable. Excellent fuel mileage, up tp 32 mpg. Superior exterior finish. Very steady at high rates of speed and difficult to stay within speed limit.

Reborn Driver
By David T on 03/24/05 09:03 AM (PST)

2005 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 L 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This car has put the fun back in driving for me. What was a chore has become pure pleasure. I jump into my Jaguar at the slightest excuse. On the highway, you set the cruise control, settle into the pilot's seat, & luxuriate. What strikes me after driving high-end Volvos for 25 years (& a TR-6) is the quiet of the cab, the surge of power when needed, & the superb handling. And let's face it: there's no other car in the price range that has such beautiful styling. Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Lexus - especially from a 3/4 view - all look the same. I take pride in owning a classically distinctive motorcar that turns heads, esp'ly mine. Admittedly I've only owned it three months, but I'm still in love.