Used 2005 Jaguar XJ-Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Jaguar Xj-series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XJ-Series model:

Classy and Quick
By Dan Derrick

2005 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The Jaguar is a bit of a paradox. Folks look at the classic Jaguar appearance and make assumptions, but this aluminum XJ is light, quick and responsive. The car handles well, and is comfortable. The cabin has plenty of space, but it also retains a warmth and coziness that is unique to Jaguar

Favorite Features

Classic appearance, with great performance

Best car I've owned
By Jim

2005 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 L 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The XJ8L is probably the best automobile I have owned. Just drove it from Chicago to upstate NY and achieved almost 30 MPG! The ride was great and engine performance excellent. The interior is luxurious and spacious for road trips. After owning two Mercedes Benz E series, I think I've found a winner!

Balance of Performance and Luxury
By fenn

2005 Jaguar XJ-Series XJR 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

A sumptuous luxury car that goes from 0- 60 in five seconds! Feels luxurious, but it also feels quick and lively, due to the light weight chassis and body. A nice blend of attributes. The XJR seems like a wolf in sheep's clothing. Feels really quick and sporty when compared to other cars in this price range. A similarly equipped A8, LS430, S Class, and BMW 750 will price out at a similar 75-80k price range to the performance version Jaguar XJR, and they seem much less lively,

Favorite Features

Great quickness, luxury and decent gas mileage for a big car,

Suggested Improvements

The accelerator and brake pedal seem close together. Improve headliner material.

Ex-Mercedes CL600 driver
By flighttest

2005 Jaguar XJ-Series Super V8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I have had Mercedes CLs for the past 10 years. My last one, a 2002 CL600, was in the shop more than in my garage. I decided to try the JAG. Being a retired pilot I wanted performance over comfort so I opted for the Super V8. WOW!!! What a car. Great performance along with an amazing ride. No mechanicals up to this point. Highly recommend.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, handling, and great ride for a luxury muscle car. Very tight, no body noise of any kind.

Suggested Improvements

DVD should be in the car, not the trunk. Front seats are hard to get into because of the hard hump on the edge.

My Car
By Ronell C. Brown, Sr

2005 Jaguar XJ-Series XJR 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I am a Jag lover. The car I have now is my third Jag. I like this one less than any other I've had. I can not wait until my lease runs out. When it does, I will buy or lease a new one. (another Jag) When I start this car, it sounds like the 1985 Chevrolet I once drove when I worked for the State. Over all, I do not like this car. However, I have not given up on Jag.

Favorite Features

Look of the interior

Suggested Improvements

Car is too small. Interior room is limited . I am a big man. Driver's seat is not comfortable. Engine noise, Gas and brake pedal are too close together.