Used 2005 Jaguar XJ-Series XJR Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Jaguar XJ-Series XJR - Consumer Reviews

XJR 4.2L V8 Supercharger 6-speed Automatic - (8 reviews )

The Un-M5
By John

2005 Jaguar XJ-Series XJR XJR 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Looking for a fast, comfortable, and unique car is difficult in today's car market. When you nail the throttle and the supercharger responds with rrrrooowwwooowwh! All you need to do is lay into the accelerator, invoke its supercharged 4220-cc V-8's 390 bhp and 399 lb.-ft. of torque — and hold on! The suspension is not 'Track Day Lotus' but it's also not Brougham DeVille. Jaguar was able to find a happy medium between the two. As far as the interior goes, you always feel like first class British Airways in the front or the rear seats. Set the desired gap and speed on this radar-based system, Jaguar's ACC adjusts itself to maintain a safe combination of both. All in all a fantastic car!

Supercharger, top notch build quality, and striking body lines. Oh yeah, and the ability to embarrass STI's and EVO's.

N/A

Balance of Performance and Luxury
By fenn

2005 Jaguar XJ-Series XJR XJR 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

A sumptuous luxury car that goes from 0- 60 in five seconds! Feels luxurious, but it also feels quick and lively, due to the light weight chassis and body. A nice blend of attributes. The XJR seems like a wolf in sheep's clothing. Feels really quick and sporty when compared to other cars in this price range. A similarly equipped A8, LS430, S Class, and BMW 750 will price out at a similar 75-80k price range to the performance version Jaguar XJR, and they seem much less lively,

Great quickness, luxury and decent gas mileage for a big car,

The accelerator and brake pedal seem close together. Improve headliner material.

My Car
By Ronell C. Brown, Sr

2005 Jaguar XJ-Series XJR XJR 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I am a Jag lover. The car I have now is my third Jag. I like this one less than any other I've had. I can not wait until my lease runs out. When it does, I will buy or lease a new one. (another Jag) When I start this car, it sounds like the 1985 Chevrolet I once drove when I worked for the State. Over all, I do not like this car. However, I have not given up on Jag.

Look of the interior

Car is too small. Interior room is limited . I am a big man. Driver's seat is not comfortable. Engine noise, Gas and brake pedal are too close together.

I traded a 911 Cab for this
By Bonitabum

2005 Jaguar XJ-Series XJR XJR 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

After struggling with a 911 Carerra 6 speed in S. Florida traffic for 3 months, I called it quits and traded the Porsche for the XJR. At first I was leary, of Jaguar and sedans. After 1 hr in the XJR I knew I had found the perfect blend of performance, comfort, and the prettiest vehicle on the road. I Love It!

comfort, adaptive cruise control, great ride

Have to Love a Jag
By Jerry

2005 Jaguar XJ-Series XJR XJR 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

If you want Performance and luxurious comfort, the XJR is the XJR is the only one. The quality of the leather and wood is not found in the German or Japanese competitionand the 0-60 time of 5 seconds along with the air suspension makes this both perform and ride better then the rest, and unlike the past, the quality is top notch, let alone the service you receive from the dealerships even when only having an oil change.

Supercharged V8, Air suspension, Bremo brakes