2005 Jaguar XJ-Series XJR Consumer Reviews

2005 Jaguar XJ-Series XJR - Consumer Reviews

2005 Jaguar XJ-Series XJR 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

XJR 4.2L V8 Supercharger 6-speed Automatic - (8 reviews )
The Un-M5
By John on 06/14/09 23:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Jaguar XJ-Series XJR XJR 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Looking for a fast, comfortable, and unique car is difficult in today's car market. When you nail the throttle and the supercharger responds with rrrrooowwwooowwh! All you need to do is lay into the accelerator, invoke its supercharged 4220-cc V-8's 390 bhp and 399 lb.-ft. of torque and hold on! The suspension is not 'Track Day Lotus' but it's also not Brougham DeVille. Jaguar was able to find a happy medium between the two. As far as the interior goes, you always feel like first class British Airways in the front or the rear seats. Set the desired gap and speed on this radar-based system, Jaguar's ACC adjusts itself to maintain a safe combination of both. All in all a fantastic car!

Balance of Performance and Luxury
By fenn on 12/23/05 17:40 PM (PST)

2005 Jaguar XJ-Series XJR XJR 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

A sumptuous luxury car that goes from 0- 60 in five seconds! Feels luxurious, but it also feels quick and lively, due to the light weight chassis and body. A nice blend of attributes. The XJR seems like a wolf in sheep's clothing. Feels really quick and sporty when compared to other cars in this price range. A similarly equipped A8, LS430, S Class, and BMW 750 will price out at a similar 75-80k price range to the performance version Jaguar XJR, and they seem much less lively,

My Car
By Ronell C. Brown, Sr on 11/17/05 08:14 AM (PST)

2005 Jaguar XJ-Series XJR XJR 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I am a Jag lover. The car I have now is my third Jag. I like this one less than any other I've had. I can not wait until my lease runs out. When it does, I will buy or lease a new one. (another Jag) When I start this car, it sounds like the 1985 Chevrolet I once drove when I worked for the State. Over all, I do not like this car. However, I have not given up on Jag.

I traded a 911 Cab for this
By Bonitabum on 05/01/05 09:37 AM (PDT)

2005 Jaguar XJ-Series XJR XJR 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

After struggling with a 911 Carerra 6 speed in S. Florida traffic for 3 months, I called it quits and traded the Porsche for the XJR. At first I was leary, of Jaguar and sedans. After 1 hr in the XJR I knew I had found the perfect blend of performance, comfort, and the prettiest vehicle on the road. I Love It!

Have to Love a Jag
By Jerry on 04/30/05 07:22 AM (PDT)

2005 Jaguar XJ-Series XJR XJR 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

If you want Performance and luxurious comfort, the XJR is the XJR is the only one. The quality of the leather and wood is not found in the German or Japanese competitionand the 0-60 time of 5 seconds along with the air suspension makes this both perform and ride better then the rest, and unlike the past, the quality is top notch, let alone the service you receive from the dealerships even when only having an oil change.

Love the car / fun to drive
By Bob Cass on 01/04/05 12:26 PM (PST)

2005 Jaguar XJ-Series XJR XJR 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

The XJR is wonderfully responsive to throttle movement. If you need quick passing power 394 horses do provide a thrill. With its' 6 gear automatic transmission the supercharged engine does get very good gas millage (19 MPG in town) When to drivers seat heater is engaged the steering wheel also warms up quickly. We have had no meckanical difficultise, but have one critique - the outside air temp readout is poorly positioned and hard to read and we miss the rear cabin vanity lighted mirrors that were in the Mercedes S 420 we traded in. We enjoy this car so much that our next vehicle will be a Jaguar.

Never thought I would drive a Jag. ...
By Converted on 12/15/04 01:31 AM (PST)

2005 Jaguar XJ-Series XJR XJR 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Never thought I would own a Jag, did not seem like my style, a bit stodgy ... but I bought the XJR and love it. Beautiful car inside and out.

A Dream comes True
By crhjag on 09/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Jaguar XJ-Series XJR XJR 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

All that I dreamed it could be and more. I've driven 2500 miles and have enjoyed every one. It seems to enjoy cruising at about 95mph best but has pleanty of power still in reserve. It attracts attention wherever it is and pleanty of comments from even people I never met before. I remember the feeling I had seeing it in the showroom the day I picked it up and still get that same feeling as I approach it in a parking lot. I have owned many makes of automobiles and driven even more, but the XJR not only has no equals, but none even come close in driving pleasure, or joy of ownership.