Used 2005 Jaguar XJ-Series Consumer Reviews - 56 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Jaguar XJ-Series - Consumer Reviews

2005 Jaguar XJ-Series

View reviews for a specific XJ-Series model:

BEST VALUE in the WORLD !!!
By Anthony

2005 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 L 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

SEXY + GORGEOUS + FAST + RELIBLE !!! NOTHING BETTER as far as VALUE and I have owned and driven EVERYTHING else !!! Anthony, Temecula, SoCal

Love It
By Bill

2005 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 L 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have enjoyed it for a year so far. It has been very reliable. It has surprised me on performance and fuel mileage. City about 17 and I made a trip from Atlanta to Birmingham last summer with the A/C on and got 29.3 mpg! On the trip computer B I keep up with the oil change, but it also shows MPG. On the first 5000 mile run it averaged 21.5. Not bad for a big car. It is not a slouch either. My previous car was a Chrysler 300C with the 5.7L HEMI. Look up the specs and compare, they are the same. You can feel it too. 0-60 in 6.3. Being an all aluminum car helps too. It only weighs 3750 lbs. 300 lbs lighter than the 300C. I'm on the look out for another one, but an '08 or '09 this time. The next generation up from my '05 XJ8-L has a few additional things that I would like. Like HID headlights, Bluetooth and factory satellite radio. I'll look for a Super 8, an R or Vanden Plas this time. The Supercharged version would be very nice. I hope the next one is as good as this one.

My favorite car EVER!!!
By Daniel Chao

2005 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 L 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have the black on black xj8 L. I got some sexy 20 inch rims for it. Smoke the windows. My car is super sick. Everywhere I go everyone looks. I bought this car because of the price and what you get for it. People think you have to be a baller to drive this car. I did buy my car used with 80000 miles on it. But the conditions were immaculate. I am having some minor issues with the air suspension and I know the shocks on this car are very expensive. But I rather drive a Jaguar with this type of attitude than anything on the street for this year 2005. I have the nicest car on the block. I wish I could post a picture so you guys can see but unfortunately I can't. I highly recommend people who want this car to buy it in black or in white. Any other color will make the car look like any other car. Has to be black an exceptional white. I promise you that if you buy this car in black and smoke the windows you will be feeling like the boss of the road

Best used car value ever
By nate93460

2005 Jaguar XJ-Series Vanden Plas 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

We purchased this car 2 years ago with just over 90k on the odometer, and couldn't be happier with it. now with over 100k on it it still looks and drives like it just rolled out of the showroom. The leather seats hardly show any wear at all, there aren't any odd squeaks or rattles, everything works exactly as it should. The only thing that may need attention in the future is the headliner, as it is pulling away from it's backing in a couple small patches around the sun visors. not really noticeable unless you look for it. Fast, smooth, nimble, outrageously comfortable, and thus far, exceedingly reliable as well.

impressive MPG. 30+ on long freeway trips and 26 mixed driving.

DVD based NAV system requires expensive update disks and isnt always all that accurate.

I love my Jag
By John

2005 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 L 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have been an owner of Audi A8 and Merc CLS AMG. And I must say they both do their thing very well - separately. My AMG is wickedly fast, the A8 comfortable. But my Jag is the only car so far that does all these things well - in one handsome package. The surprise bonus is the economy; it runs more frugally than my previous A6! The aluminum frame is light and nimble, making this a fun car to drive actually. Its handling is not far off than the AMG, yet it's backseats are much more spacious. Awesome!

Unbeatable timeless styling. Few trips to the shop and pump. DVD at the back.

The interior build quality can be more Bentley- esque. Am I asking too much?