2004 Jaguar XJ-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XJ-Series model:
Best Jag Ever!
By Murray on 01/28/08 12:40 PM (PST)

2004 Jaguar XJ-Series Vanden Plas 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I've driven/owned all luxury vehicles and none have pleased me like the XJ series Jag. This is my fourth one, and I will continue to buy them. No faulting these cars any longer on quality and reliability. And, it's still exciting to drive and gets 18/29 mpg in city/highway driving. No BMW, Benz, or Lexus look-alikes for me.

More than pleased!
By car nut on 11/21/07 18:49 PM (PST)

2004 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

It has exceeded my high expectations and I must say, is the automotive bargain. Nothing surpasses it distinctive appearance and style and luxury. The performance is amazing - we find ourselves just looking for "errands to run" just so we can drive it. I have never felt that way about a car and we have enjoyed some high end autos over the years. I am wishing I would have bought it sooner, but must add that purchasing it CPO with 19,000 miles has saved a bundle and it really is under priced for the value received.

More than pleased
By Car Buff on 11/04/07 22:35 PM (PST)

2004 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased just a few months ago still with new warranty and then CPO with 19,000 miles on it - I am in love. Truly had wanted one for many years but finally took the leap and couldn't be happier. It is the most luxurious sporty car imaginable (and I am very, very familiar with most all of them out there). Quite surprising how much of a savings when purchased 3 years old. It is almost a piece of art in a class by itself. Now I am glad I always wanted one!

Very Satisfied
By XJ8 on 09/08/07 12:51 PM (PDT)

2004 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I went from a Carrera Cabrio to this large flagship sedan. I have had no issues and have been very impressed with handling and gas mileage. My '04 XJ8 is high mileage at 64k miles. It is like new, makes an entrance, not just another ordinary Lexus pulling into the office or valet. You do feel like royalty when driving. Style, quality, reliablity, handling, and gas mileage makes a strong package. Would buy again.

The best Jag ever
By Marcos long on 06/05/07 22:17 PM (PDT)

2004 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my XJ8 with 87,000 miles on it. I now have 97,000 miles and this car feels and drives like new. Responsive, feels tight and it is very quiet. It is a wonderful car to drive in the open road, because of its power and great gas mileage. You will easily get 29 mpg on this powerful v8 car! The interior is simple, yet very elegant.

Love It
By Rich on 03/07/07 09:32 AM (PST)

2004 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have not had my jag in the shop other than normal services. It has been very dependable and a pleasure to drive. The ride is great with lots of power and it handles like a sports car.

The Best of the Lot
By Paul on 02/25/07 15:50 PM (PST)

2004 Jaguar XJ-Series XJR 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I am a CPA from Tampa and have used the XJR for business and pleasure. I have owned Caddy STS, MB CLK/AMG, a host of Vettes thru C5, and currently a 911/997 Porsche Carrera S. Aside from the 911, a very different car, the 2004 XJR is, overall, the best car I have driven. In 3.5 years, I have had no problems aside from one visit for front brake scuffing and two recalls. I did have the heat element disconnected from the steering wheel - it was too hot to hold! The supercharged performance is top notch and the exterior style is fitting of its market as is its interior. I cannot understand the problems/ratings that several other posts have made. It is certainly not my experience.

Love it.
By Larry on 02/16/07 16:09 PM (PST)

2004 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second Jaguar, having owned a 2000 Vanden Plas, before this one. If they hadn't changed the body style I would still be driving that one. But I'm glad they did, the acceleration on this one is great and the gas mileage is over 28 on the highway. Love the new nav system, much better than the old one.

Not worth the money
By DTS on 10/04/06 09:30 AM (PDT)

2004 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This particular XJ8 is the XJR version, so performance is amazing and fun. However, the interior is dismal. The buttons fall off the airvents, the driver-seat is worse than a wooden bench, and the ignition is placed in a way that we tend to accidentally brush the key with our knee and shut the car off. Trunk space is small for a model like this. Headroom is minimal. Backseat is cramped for a car this size. I am not impressed.

Beautiful luxury
By robert ehrlich on 09/25/06 09:43 AM (PDT)

2004 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I always wanted a Jaguar but had been afraid of poor reliability. I bought the new aluminum 2004 and love it. It is the best ride of any car I have owned. Looks distinctive and rides so smoothly and quietly it is hard to keep it within the speed limit. It has had no significant problems except for some false positives on the engine coolant warning light and remote keys that went dead in a few months. Minor compared to other cars I have bought new. Would definitely buy a Jag again but will probably keep this car for years. Jag has done a great job.