Used 2004 Jaguar XJ-Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Jaguar Xj-series - Consumer Reviews

2004 Jaguar XJ-Series

View reviews for a specific XJ-Series model:

#1
By max f

2004 Jaguar XJ-Series Vanden Plas 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

this is the number 1 car. it is very fast and it is not loud.

Favorite Features

whole car

Suggested Improvements

none

New Jag XJ8
By Louwalt

2004 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Car handles beautifully, acceleration great and holds the road well. Interior room finally works for those of us over 6'. Fun to drive and much more class than a Mercedes or BMW.

Favorite Features

Interior superbly done

Suggested Improvements

Give rear/trunk area less of a Taurus look; have exterior temp. gauge on all the time, without need of turning on ventilation system; have more colors to select from.

KABOOCH
By KABOOCH

2004 Jaguar XJ-Series XJR 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

You have to drive one to understand the appeal of this automobile. Ultra beautiful interior. Braking and power superb. Great fit and finish. Quiet.

Favorite Features

The beautity of the lines, the power, the suspension and the Ferrari brakes. The 19 inch wheels and huge Pirelli P- zero tires. Touch screen for Navigation, audio and climate control backed up by buttons for most common needs.

Suggested Improvements

Don't use liquid crystal for computer and warning indicators. You can't see them in daylight. Should have (right side) passenger memory buttons for seat adjustment.

THIS CAR ROCKS!
By PowerstrokeGuy

2004 Jaguar XJ-Series XJR 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I feel the overall review of this car is excellent! It is a classy looking car but yet portrays the characteristics of a sports car. I feel the build quality is far superior to any American brand luxury car. Although the car is 7-10 thousand dollars cheaper than comparable sedans from Mercedes & BMW, I feel it still gives the customer a bang for his or her buck! I feel this car has a nicer interior compared to the German cars. Jaguar I feel has landed right on the spot when they introdused this car last year (2003).

Favorite Features

I like the adaptive cruise control. It is right on the money! The NAV. system is excellent. I like all the features.

living the fanatasy
By wingwinj

2004 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Some times fantasy is fulfilled. The new XJ-8 is comfortable, quick and well styled. The constant complements and smiles keep coming. Great pick-up and cornering and much better traction in a Chicago winter than I ever imagined. I feel great when I drive this car.

Favorite Features

The Jaguar look with plenty of headroom. The interior is elegant but not "over done."

Suggested Improvements

The instrument panel is a bit cluttered. I am having some problems with blown tire -- it seems the low profile 18" rim has no resistance to road hazards