Used 2003 Jaguar XJ-Series Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Jaguar XJ-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XJ-Series model:

Jaguar Excellence
By James

2003 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

This is the 7th jaguar I have owned, all have been great cars. This one the XJ8 seems to be the best to date, all round flexibility in comfort in town and highway. I do not think anyone could overdrive this car, it sticks like glue and goes where you point it. it never fails to get comments on its looks, It truly is in a class of its own.

I do not think I could name all the features this car has, I'm still finding them! Ride is great, Interior is better than Rolls, quiet.

nothing special, maybe better cupholders.

Best car I've ever owned
By Rick

2003 Jaguar XJ-Series Super V8 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Amazing vehicle. I have owned A Mercedes S600, a Lexus LS400, a BMW 750il,and a Bently Arnage. None of these cars even comes close to the Jag. I love the engine, it is smoother and more powerful than the V-12s of Mercedes and BMW. I rip apart every mustang and corvette that stops by me at a light. The transmission is amazing. It always shifts very smooth and right on time. I love the beautiful interior, it is much more luxurious than those of its competitors and even my Bently. It's also better looking than them too. You simply can't get any better than a Jaguar Super V8.

Everything, but especially the engine with torque that never ends. Also, the luxurious, well appointed, driver-friendly interior.

none

Bat Out of Hell
By sal1970

2003 Jaguar XJ-Series XJR 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Handles great. Is fast and fun to drive. Looks like no other car on the road except another Jaguar.

I love the way the car handles corners. It's great to have a cassette deck and a CD player.

Add amp and oil pressure gauges.

Breathtaking Automobile
By M. Montecelli

2003 Jaguar XJ-Series Vanden Plas 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

It is beuatiful, fast, and sexy. When I am cruising down the freeway (once at 260km/h), just smoothly gliding along, listening to that cat purr, I feel like a billion bucks. It is fairly practical, maybe not such as an S- class, but still not bad. But the pure thought of knowing that I am in such respected, hand-built piece of art that rides on four wheels, it does not even compare to a Benz. I can drive my Jag everyday, take it on weekend vacations, and look absolutely 'pimp' compared to everyone else on the road. FABULOUS CAR! PS Buy one, its worth it!

Beautiful lines inside and out, great performance for the size, everything about it is great. And do not worry about the reliability, Jags may have a bad rep, but I know many enthusiasts, even Jaguar mechanics, and they agree that Jaguars from 2000, to now are all fine.

People asking me if it always breaks down. You know the answer. I stand by these Jags.

Work of ART
By Chris

2003 Jaguar XJ-Series XJR 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I purchsed the car new in 2004 with 42 miles on it. No problems to speak of, the dealer did replace brake pads and rotors under warranty at 11,902 miles. one of the most comfortable cars for driver and passager, back seats are cramped, but a small price to pay fo rthis car. Have gotten use to the navigation and really like it now. After owning a Jaguar, it's hard to consider driving anything else. Such a high build quality, high grade materials that you jsut don't see in other cars.

Love the engine and drive of the car. With the R1 Performance Package it holds the road as sure footed as a jaguar should be. Not only quite with little wind or tire noise, but smooth ride as well.

Power window switches on 03 models only auto power down, not up. Design in 2004 models much better.