Used 2003 Jaguar XJ-Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Jaguar XJ-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XJ-Series model:
JimJim
By jimjim on 01/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jaguar XJ-Series Super V8 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl S/C 5A)

This is my 3rd Jag in 15 years. I would absolutely not recommend the XJ to friends or family. Performance in the city (San Francisco) is horrid. Forget the trip to Tahoe. The transmisssion is inconsistent and shifts too quickly on all gears. Albeit, a fun car for long freeway drives (SF to LA). Comfort is by far the biggest plus for the XJ.

Pirelli Tires -- what's the deal?
By BruceMa on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ Sport 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

I have had a lot of problems with flat tires driving in DC MD VA DE. And pirelli's are not cheap. I sometimes wonder if it had bad or used tires when I bought it, since they all went flat within a year.

Great Car!
By matt69 on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar XJ-Series XJR 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Very happy with the car. Can run with my Boxster S from 0-60 while giving you a plush ride. Drove both the 2004 and my 2003 and decided on the 03 because it has the classic XJ looks. The 04 is a nice car, but it looks more like a Ford than a Jaguar!

JAg 2003 XJ8
By denden3 on 06/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

One of the finest riding vehicles I have ever driven and owned.

Jaguar Fever
By Dr. Henry on 04/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ Sport 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my XJ Sport Jaguar new from a dealer in LA in the year 2003. I love this car. Yes, a bit expensive-yet extroardinarily satisfying. No other car in the market today beats the exterior styleing. Mine lacks the 370/now390 hp supercharged engine, however the stock 290/300hp 4.0L V8 is, to me, quick enough. My son drives my car on a pretty frequent basis and I worry about him out on the road w/ 390supercharged hp to his disposal (although i suspect that his new WRX may be a bit quicker). GREAT CAR! go buy one of the new ones!

My favourite car
By Gazman on 03/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jaguar XJ-Series XJR 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl S/C 5A)

My jaguar is the best car ever, it is superb especiall in design - no wonder Jaguar's motto is ART OF PERFORMANCE!

2003 Vanden Plas-beautiful!
By WL on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jaguar XJ-Series Vanden Plas 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased my '03 Vanden Plas late last year and it's been wonderful. I was lucky to get it because my dealer informed me that production of the Vanden Plas has stopped for a while. I was sad to hear it because I think that the only car that can out shine the beauty of a Vanden Plas is maybe a Rolls Royce. What I couldn't believe is that these Jags are still hand assembled in England (woodwork and all.) I can't tell you how many comments I've received on my car. It's been wonderful. Classic British luxury at it's best.

Jagster
By grs on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jaguar XJ-Series XJR 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl S/C 5A)

My second XJR, and worth checking out. The supercharger helps the V8 get up to 60mph in a little over 5sec., not bad for a 4000lb car. Styling has been around for a few years, but still a head-turner and unique from the 4-wheel box cars out there now. Only option available is Brembo brakes (recommended), everthing else is standard (incl. DVD navigation system and CD player). The cheapest limited production, luxury, high performance vehicle you can buy.

LUV THIS CAT
By SALVATORE ATANASIO on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jaguar XJ-Series XJR 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl S/C 5A)

WE SHOPPED MERCEDES, BMW, LEXUS AND JAGUAR. BOUGHT A SILVER XJR AND WE ARE VERY HAPPY. THE INTERIOR IS BEAUTIFUL, WE ESPECIALLY LIKE THE WOOD, THE ENGINE IS VERY QUIET, AND THE RIDE IS SMOOTHER THAN THE OTHER THREE CARS WE COMPARED. HAVE NOT HAD THE CAR BACK TO DEALER FOR ANY PROBLEMS YET. WE REALLY LOVE THIS CAR AND ARE VERY HAPPY WE PURCHASED IT.

370 HP ALL THANKS TO A SUPERCHARGER!!!
By Jagz Rule on 12/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jaguar XJ-Series XJR 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I purchased my 2002 Jaguar XJR 100 in June and it is amazing!! Love the red stiching, navagation is excellent. The supercharger whines like its a cat (PURRRR). Sport mode is also very fun!