2003 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XJ-Series model:
WOW!
By eshipman on 02/18/12 08:23 AM (PST)

2003 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ Sport 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this car last summer (2011) on a whim. It had 140K miles but only cost 5K. WOW! FUN to drive. Even with 140K miles is still tight, dependable, runs great & drives oh so smooth. I am looking forward to upgrading to a 2008 or 2009 in the next year.

Great Vehicle:
By James on 12/04/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ Sport 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased my XJ8 used with about 34,000 miles on it, and have been extremely pleased with the XJ8 all around, performance, ride and drive, comfort and convenience, and have had no major problems with this vehicle whats so ever it still feels as solid and secure as the 1st day I drove it and was sold buy the way it drove period, and now understand what all these owners have in common and why the reviews are always so good on the 2003 XJ8.

2 years and still Smiling
By Mike J. on 11/10/08 10:36 AM (PST)

2003 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan Super V8 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I traded in a 2003 XJ8 Sovereign for this 2003 SuperV8. I needed the extended wheelbase and extra rear seat leg room. The Super has a few more bells and whistles including a plusher seat package. The main difference is the supercharger. It really brings the V8 to life. The standard engine has plenty of power, this just puts it over the top. Very comfortable, the SuperV8 has a bit stiffer suspension than the standard models but it is still very smooth. The Alpine sound system is superb.

The Jag
By Craig Seifert on 06/24/07 18:53 PM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan Vanden Plas 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

Bought the car for my wife, but love to drive it when she'll let me. Picked it up in DC and drove it 200 miles on the interstate to get home and was impressed with the comfort, stability, power and control. Two days later, we drove it to Michigan from Virginia Beach. Again, superb is the word. We've owned and driven a lot of high end cars, but the XJs are in a class of their own. The styling is refined from decades of improving on a base design from the late sixties. The engineering has too. The base 300 HP 4.0 L V8 coupled with the 4 speed automatic is powerful but smooth, sophisticated but dependable and pretty efficient (20 mpg), considering that it's pushing a 2.5 ton car.

Jaguar Excellence
By James on 06/22/06 18:55 PM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ8 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

This is the 7th jaguar I have owned, all have been great cars. This one the XJ8 seems to be the best to date, all round flexibility in comfort in town and highway. I do not think anyone could overdrive this car, it sticks like glue and goes where you point it. it never fails to get comments on its looks, It truly is in a class of its own.

Best car I've ever owned
By Rick on 04/15/06 16:08 PM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan Super V8 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Amazing vehicle. I have owned A Mercedes S600, a Lexus LS400, a BMW 750il,and a Bently Arnage. None of these cars even comes close to the Jag. I love the engine, it is smoother and more powerful than the V-12s of Mercedes and BMW. I rip apart every mustang and corvette that stops by me at a light. The transmission is amazing. It always shifts very smooth and right on time. I love the beautiful interior, it is much more luxurious than those of its competitors and even my Bently. It's also better looking than them too. You simply can't get any better than a Jaguar Super V8.

Breathtaking Automobile
By M. Montecelli on 04/27/05 17:42 PM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan Vanden Plas 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

It is beuatiful, fast, and sexy. When I am cruising down the freeway (once at 260km/h), just smoothly gliding along, listening to that cat purr, I feel like a billion bucks. It is fairly practical, maybe not such as an S- class, but still not bad. But the pure thought of knowing that I am in such respected, hand-built piece of art that rides on four wheels, it does not even compare to a Benz. I can drive my Jag everyday, take it on weekend vacations, and look absolutely 'pimp' compared to everyone else on the road. FABULOUS CAR! PS Buy one, its worth it!

Great at a good price
By trexville on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan Super V8 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I paid $41k for a 2003 XJR in 3/2004 and figured it was a great price to sample a car I have always liked from afar. At $41k I'm super, super pleased but don't know if I would have been so pleased if I had to pay close to the sticker price. The car looks great and drives great. But you get more bells and whistles with the Japanese and German luxury cars, so if that's important, I might look elsewhere. However, there's no beating the Jaguar styling inside and out. This car has big-time personality -- all that wood and leather and its feline exterior make for a scrumptious package.

JimJim
By jimjim on 01/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan Super V8 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl S/C 5A)

This is my 3rd Jag in 15 years. I would absolutely not recommend the XJ to friends or family. Performance in the city (San Francisco) is horrid. Forget the trip to Tahoe. The transmisssion is inconsistent and shifts too quickly on all gears. Albeit, a fun car for long freeway drives (SF to LA). Comfort is by far the biggest plus for the XJ.

Pirelli Tires -- what's the deal?
By BruceMa on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ Sport 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

I have had a lot of problems with flat tires driving in DC MD VA DE. And pirelli's are not cheap. I sometimes wonder if it had bad or used tires when I bought it, since they all went flat within a year.