Used 2002 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XJ-Series model:

2002 Jag XJ Sport
By jp3558

2002 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ Sport 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

2 years ago I bought this car for my wife for her birthday because she has always wanted a Jag. This is just a beautiful vehicle. It does have it's quirks but they are far overridden by the cars elegance and luxury. All her local driving is done in her Maxima and long journeys are taken in the Jag. This is a touring car and is designed to be driven on the highway for long distances at cruising speeds(within the law, of course). Jags have had a horrible history with quality control that I believe Ford ironed out when they took over. Neither of us has ever quite driven a vehicle quality and luxury which is why it is probably the best car we ever owned.

High performance 4.0 liter engine, elegant body design and interior comfort. Excellent command of the road with cat like responsiveness.

Small interior compartment if you are a large person. this is not a fuel efficient car either, the trade off is for comfort.

Great Car
By Bob

2002 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ Sport 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

My wife has always dreamt of owning a Jaguar and the year we've owned our Sport has been a dream. Love the style and performance. It rides so smooth it's like it's mounted on a rail. The transmission is the smoothest I ever shifted. Fun car to drive and always gets complements from people that see it. Won't be our last XJ.

Power, classic style, beautiful interior. My wife loves the seats. I like the handling and the way you feel behind the wheel.

Not Allergic to this Cat
By Impressive Cat

2002 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan Vanden Plas 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

Overall very pleased and impressed with this vehicle. As a first-time Jag owner, had not considered a Jag in the past, had previously owned MB, Audi. Have to say I was pleasantly surprised with this vehicle. So far, my ownership experience has been great and has exceeded my expectations!

The luxurious interior and classic "Jaguar" looks that set it apart,is what first attracted me to this car. I'm pleased with the VDP's addt'l features which translate into a longer wheelbase and upgraded appointments. This car does get favorable looks that set it apart from the mainstream!!

Dual climate controls (which I know Jag has addressed since '02), moving the CD system from the trunk to the intrument panel.

My Last Jaguar!
By rollsroyceowner

2002 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ Sport 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned many Jaguars through the years and have had great experiences with the exception of my 1989 XJ6 (it had all the problems that series was notorious for) and my current 2002 XJ Sport. My current Jaguar is a 42,000 mile, Carfax clean, two owner, fully dealer serviced car since new. Despite proper pedigree, it is a complete money pit! Past three months: Failed power seat module, $800. Two failed power window switches, $250 each. Failed power steering pump, on and on. The latest repair is the most insulting. At only 42,000 miles, the flywheel cracked and began rubbing on the bell housing. That repair plus two failed sensors, $1500. Get a warranty or stay far away!

Ton of car for the money on the used market. Great styling and performance.

Improve quality and reliability. A car of this price and prestige shouldn't fall apart at 40,000 miles! Jaguar, you have lost a loyal customer.

Sweet!!
By DAMSr

2002 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ Sport 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

Very smooth car. I have it in Zircon Blue with Oatmeal leather. Good gas mileage. Good ergonomics. Great sound system. Superb handling. I have owned BMW, Lexus and MERCEDES. Love the Jags.

Performance and handling.

Standard heated seats. Put CD changer in the glove compartment or somewhere other that the trunk. Full size spare tire.