2002 Jaguar XJ-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XJ-Series model:
2002 Jag XJ Sport
By jp3558 on 11/22/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ Sport 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

2 years ago I bought this car for my wife for her birthday because she has always wanted a Jag. This is just a beautiful vehicle. It does have it's quirks but they are far overridden by the cars elegance and luxury. All her local driving is done in her Maxima and long journeys are taken in the Jag. This is a touring car and is designed to be driven on the highway for long distances at cruising speeds(within the law, of course). Jags have had a horrible history with quality control that I believe Ford ironed out when they took over. Neither of us has ever quite driven a vehicle quality and luxury which is why it is probably the best car we ever owned.

Great Car
By Bob on 10/01/08 20:12 PM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ Sport 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

My wife has always dreamt of owning a Jaguar and the year we've owned our Sport has been a dream. Love the style and performance. It rides so smooth it's like it's mounted on a rail. The transmission is the smoothest I ever shifted. Fun car to drive and always gets complements from people that see it. Won't be our last XJ.

Love My 2nd XJR
By Randy Walker on 03/16/08 18:40 PM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar XJ-Series XJR 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl S/C 5A)

My favorite car every. I loved my straight 6 cyl supercharged 97 but this 02 is even better. Unlimited smooth instant rear wheel power with fully defeatable trac. Light them up through 3rd! Perfect for dad with a few kids. Great everyday driver!! Tires and brakes are pricey. I have 94k as of now, bought with 19k. Highly maintained all services and drives so well I find myself leaving the music off just to hear the engine and car itself. Nothing drives like this car. I have come close to wrecking cheap rental cars many times. Tires squeal when I am turning and braking. Seems I wait to long too turn and wait too long to brake in thise cheap cars.

Not Allergic to this Cat
By Impressive Cat on 01/11/08 09:19 AM (PST)

2002 Jaguar XJ-Series Vanden Plas 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

Overall very pleased and impressed with this vehicle. As a first-time Jag owner, had not considered a Jag in the past, had previously owned MB, Audi. Have to say I was pleasantly surprised with this vehicle. So far, my ownership experience has been great and has exceeded my expectations!

My Last Jaguar!
By rollsroyceowner on 05/22/07 13:23 PM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ Sport 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned many Jaguars through the years and have had great experiences with the exception of my 1989 XJ6 (it had all the problems that series was notorious for) and my current 2002 XJ Sport. My current Jaguar is a 42,000 mile, Carfax clean, two owner, fully dealer serviced car since new. Despite proper pedigree, it is a complete money pit! Past three months: Failed power seat module, $800. Two failed power window switches, $250 each. Failed power steering pump, on and on. The latest repair is the most insulting. At only 42,000 miles, the flywheel cracked and began rubbing on the bell housing. That repair plus two failed sensors, $1500. Get a warranty or stay far away!

Sweet!!
By DAMSr on 04/09/07 15:02 PM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ Sport 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

Very smooth car. I have it in Zircon Blue with Oatmeal leather. Good gas mileage. Good ergonomics. Great sound system. Superb handling. I have owned BMW, Lexus and MERCEDES. Love the Jags.

Amazing vehicle!
By Bob on 03/12/07 17:48 PM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar XJ-Series Vanden Plas 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

Wife and I found this car in 2006 with only 9600 original miles. I can hardly get her out of it! We have a 2005 Town Car, which rides great, but there is nothing like driving a JAG! What a ride!

The King of Cars
By tlh77 on 10/28/06 05:01 AM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar XJ-Series Vanden Plas 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

This car feels like you're driving a cloud. Extremely smooth ride, an amazing drive with superior power.

2002 xjr 100
By Rodney Chanin on 06/14/06 21:13 PM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar XJ-Series XJR 100 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl S/C 5A)

The xjr 100 has very good performance and if driven civilized surprisingly good fuel economy. The fitting of the body is of high quality. The exterior design is getting a little tired.

Best Buy!
By Jodie Stark on 08/15/05 13:16 PM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ Sport 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

This was the first Jaguar we ever purchased, we love the ride and comfort the car offers. My wife love the fact it is loaded with safety features. We are sold for life on Jaguars, don't think I can drive anything else.