2000 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XJ-Series model:
Love Hurts
By galewood478 on 07/24/11 23:02 PM (PDT)

2000 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ8 4dr Sedan

I absolutely loved this car, was such a classic. However, I had to get rid of it after 2 transmission failures. It kept cracking drums within the transmission. There has yet to be a car designed that captured the stunning class and sophistication displayed by this Jag. Loved it, and as hard as it was to let her go, it proved impractical to keep fixing it over and over. Ford built it, so that should say something.

Babied from Birth
By g huelsman on 09/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ8 4dr Sedan

Truly an excellent automobile. Always did everything I expected of it. Braking, acceleration, handling, etc. Won several awards in appearance.

Bad transmission
By rbinlex on 04/21/10 11:23 AM (PDT)

2000 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ8 4dr Sedan

Purchased from original owner, low mileage. Beautiful car, best ride ever IF you can keep it out of the shop. Never could get the heater to work properly, froze every winter. Difficult time finding a "good" jaguar mechanic that could troubleshoot. It seemed to always be something. Every time it went to the shop it was $600-$1000. The final straw was when the transmission went out at 79K. Resale value was so low I chose to not fix the car. What a shame. I'll never buy another one.

Love My Jag.
By Ricardo on 01/19/10 09:53 AM (PST)

2000 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ8 4dr Sedan

I purchased my XJ8 with 38,000 miles on it have driven it 2500 without any problems. I am now having an issue with the drivers side brake light. The passenger side works. I think it may be a ground problem as it works some time. The 4.0 engine is quiet and powerful,really like driving it. It is my 3rd Jag., and I love it.

Timing Chain Blown
By Lost on 04/04/09 10:36 AM (PDT)

2000 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan Vanden Plas 4dr Sedan

Timing chain gone at 105,000 miles. Cost to replace engine quoted at $25,000. New car instead.

JAG Review
By Kev on 04/13/08 17:41 PM (PDT)

2000 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ8 4dr Sedan

Beautiful ride. No issues in the last three years other than replacing brakes. Very dependable.

Super Cat
By Gabriel on 11/02/07 09:55 AM (PDT)

2000 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan Vanden Plas 4dr Sedan w/Supercharger

What a wonderful car to own and drive. I upgraded the wheels to the XJR's 18" and had a cone air filter installed to take off the restrictione. It opens up about 30hp and really lets the engine scream. Huge difference. The car is at home both in city or highway use. I wish it had a more modern navi system like the newer ones, and that gas cost $1.50 other than that, this is my dream car. Everyone that has ridden it loves it. Very, very solid. Get one if can. Don't even consider a Germany car over this, they do not compare.

Steal this car in 07 for about $15,000
By Jeff- Arizona on 08/24/07 00:45 AM (PDT)

2000 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan Vanden Plas 4dr Sedan w/Supercharger

This car is a head turner. I love the Alpine audio system. Very fast car. lots of power The car sold new for $75,000. You can buy one in 2007 with about 70k miles out the door for 15k. Also this was the top of the line Vanden Plas edition

Saved our lives
By stanhash on 10/30/05 23:11 PM (PST)

2000 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan Vanden Plas 4dr Sedan

This car was totaled because of a dummy who has dodged a deer in front of us but chose to leave his car sideways on a curve . . . at night, without his lights on. My wife and I (driving) hit him square (T-boned) (He had already run away). Both front airbags deployed, the traction control and abs brakes kept the car from skidding and there were no injuries save for a slightly scraped nose from the air bag deployment on the right hand side. The was crumpled to the back doors. We bought another one two years newer and like it even more!!!

Drives like a jet fighter
By phdunn on 09/23/05 18:57 PM (PDT)

2000 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan Vanden Plas 4dr Sedan

Great smooth acceleration, some wind noise, comfortable ride. Corners very well with little sway. Good gas mileage (18-19 in city & 26 on Interstate). Very good controls and within easy reach. Car not for large people, OK if you are tall. Great leg room in front and sufficient in rear. Limited cup holders, only 1 set in front. Tables in back of front seat are high. Plush wool floor mats. After purchasing, drove 600 miles without a hitch. This is the closest to having a sedan that drives like a sports car.