Used 2000 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2000 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific XJ-Series model:

Sassyjag!
By Linda Saddler

2000 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ8 4dr Sedan

I love driving this car. However, it is very important to read the books that come with the vehicle so you will know what to do if you have problems. Some things you and repair yourself. Unlike other vehicles, the parts under the hood are fairly visible making it easier to work with should you need a repair. I love it. Great for a retired person who drives around town at his/her leisure. I would not recommend it for someone who has to commute everyday. I will burn a lot of gas and you will have to add oil every 2 to 3 weeks.

Love Hurts
By galewood478

2000 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ8 4dr Sedan

I absolutely loved this car, was such a classic. However, I had to get rid of it after 2 transmission failures. It kept cracking drums within the transmission. There has yet to be a car designed that captured the stunning class and sophistication displayed by this Jag. Loved it, and as hard as it was to let her go, it proved impractical to keep fixing it over and over. Ford built it, so that should say something.

Ride, Design, Quality of materials

Transmission, Quality of Engine parts

Babied from Birth
By g huelsman

2000 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ8 4dr Sedan

Truly an excellent automobile. Always did everything I expected of it. Braking, acceleration, handling, etc. Won several awards in appearance.

handling, acceleration, overall performance, looks, leather

None

Bad transmission
By rbinlex

2000 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ8 4dr Sedan

Purchased from original owner, low mileage. Beautiful car, best ride ever IF you can keep it out of the shop. Never could get the heater to work properly, froze every winter. Difficult time finding a "good" jaguar mechanic that could troubleshoot. It seemed to always be something. Every time it went to the shop it was $600-$1000. The final straw was when the transmission went out at 79K. Resale value was so low I chose to not fix the car. What a shame. I'll never buy another one.

The best aspect of this car was the looks and the seats. The seat was great on my bad back. Wonderful car on the highway.

Quality and dependability.

Love My Jag.
By Ricardo

2000 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ8 4dr Sedan

I purchased my XJ8 with 38,000 miles on it have driven it 2500 without any problems. I am now having an issue with the drivers side brake light. The passenger side works. I think it may be a ground problem as it works some time. The 4.0 engine is quiet and powerful,really like driving it. It is my 3rd Jag., and I love it.

Exterior Style, interior luxury. Smooth and quiet.

Better tires for all seasons, move the cup holders in front.