1996 Jaguar XJ-Series 4.0L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Our VDP at 80K mi

1996 Jaguar XJ-Series - Consumer Review

Vanden Plas Sedan (4.0L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Our VDP at 80K mi
By DIC_CAMARILLO on

1996 Jaguar XJ-Series Vanden Plas 4dr Sedan

Our XJ6 Vanden Plas just broke 80K miles with very minimal problems. The seats are still in excellent condition - these are the best seats, especially the back seats! The ride comfort is amazing. Our VDP is a long car. I drove to work today in a good solid rainstorm. I was doing over 90 and I didn't even know. The car holds the ground so well - I'm amazed at how great the suspension is. At first I thought the suspension wasn't up to BMW standards, but I've changed my mind. Jaguar did a great job on this car. The 4.0 straight 6 sings! Smog check results look like a PZEV car! Timeless beauty. Solid, safe car. Very impressive stereo system. My VDP still puts a smile on my face!

Favorite Features

Character! Unique styling! The ultimate in Luxury. Materials are top notch. Leather everywhere. Great ride, but with control. Reliable - yes our VDP has been trouble free. Looks great. Timeless design. Quality all around. Stereo system is very impressive. Paint still looks great.

Suggested Improvements

So few, its not worth mentioning.