Used 1996 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ6 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XJ-Series model:

*CLASS & DASH*
By mongoose4

1996 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ6 4dr Sedan

Owned now for 4 years, found it on local Craigslist wanted 6K, got it 4.5K. Mint body (9+), Int 8, new tires, subwoofer. Engine compartment look new. Had a few issues mechanically-wheel bearings, frozen brake caliper. Put 2K into it, rebuilt throttle body + previous mentioned. Cant beat the looks, performance. Really where can you get this for <7K today & 3 years from collector plates ;)

My dream came true
By jeff pendman

1996 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ6 4dr Sedan

This Jaguar was the best car I have owned all the luxury but when it came to Jaguar it was the best and smoothest ride once in awhile a few minor problems occur like door locks but a easy fix and well worth for this xj6! All the bells and whistles

key and cruise control traction control sport shifter

In the future jaguar should make it so it doesn't occur with these electrical problems

Nice Car!
By Mike

1996 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ6 4dr Sedan

I have always thought about owning a Jaguar and I am glad that I made the choice on my 96 XJ6. Overall the car is great. Great ride, great looks and has been reliable. It gets looks and has a nice big car feel without feeling heavy. Extremely good gas mileage! My wife not being a "car" person loves it as well.

Styling, Classic Looks, Wood, Quiet Ride, Comfort.

Better Headliner.

A Hidden Treasure
By Andy

1996 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ6 4dr Sedan

I have owned Volvos, Buicks, and three BMW 5ers. Now, an XJ6. These cars are generally exceptional on reliability and, treated properly, will give you 200k miles on the original short block & transmission. They cars truly define aesthetic elegance; they are unique head-turners anywhere you go. Our XJ6 is very quick and light-feeling; it corners well with very little body lean and the steering, while not as stiff as a BMW, is precise and gives just enough feedback from the road. Because of my positive experience with our XJ6, I am endeavouring to buy another '96-'97 XJ, a Vanden Plas. Take advantage of the fantastic reliability & durability inthe '96-'97s!

Aesthetics, sporty but never-harsh ride, rock-solid Jag I-6, comfortable seats,general quality & refinement that surpasses my (newer!) BMWs.

Better stock stereo. That's about it. This car doesn't have much room for improvement.

Fast, Tight, Reliable
By Collin

1996 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ6 4dr Sedan

I am continually amazed at what a good
car this has been. My cat has been
extremely reliable and still is with
113,000 miles on the odometer. I plan
to put at least another 75k on it, and
then maybe get a xk8. The suspension is
stiff (the way I like it, in sport mode
on the transmission the car gets up and
goes, and it takes corners fairly well
for a luxury sedan.

Best looking car in the world with an interior that constantly pleases the eye, power.

Not sure what that would be.