1996 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XJ-Series model:
*CLASS & DASH*
By mongoose4 on 07/06/13 10:56 AM (PDT)

1996 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ6 4dr Sedan

Owned now for 4 years, found it on local Craigslist wanted 6K, got it 4.5K. Mint body (9+), Int 8, new tires, subwoofer. Engine compartment look new. Had a few issues mechanically-wheel bearings, frozen brake caliper. Put 2K into it, rebuilt throttle body + previous mentioned. Cant beat the looks, performance. Really where can you get this for <7K today & 3 years from collector plates ;)

My dream came true
By jeff pendman on 03/27/10 19:31 PM (PDT)

1996 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ6 4dr Sedan

This Jaguar was the best car I have owned all the luxury but when it came to Jaguar it was the best and smoothest ride once in awhile a few minor problems occur like door locks but a easy fix and well worth for this xj6! All the bells and whistles

Nice Car!
By Mike on 06/21/09 20:21 PM (PDT)

1996 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ6 4dr Sedan

I have always thought about owning a Jaguar and I am glad that I made the choice on my 96 XJ6. Overall the car is great. Great ride, great looks and has been reliable. It gets looks and has a nice big car feel without feeling heavy. Extremely good gas mileage! My wife not being a "car" person loves it as well.

A Hidden Treasure
By Andy on 01/18/05 09:22 AM (PST)

1996 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ6 4dr Sedan

I have owned Volvos, Buicks, and three BMW 5ers. Now, an XJ6. These cars are generally exceptional on reliability and, treated properly, will give you 200k miles on the original short block & transmission. They cars truly define aesthetic elegance; they are unique head-turners anywhere you go. Our XJ6 is very quick and light-feeling; it corners well with very little body lean and the steering, while not as stiff as a BMW, is precise and gives just enough feedback from the road. Because of my positive experience with our XJ6, I am endeavouring to buy another '96-'97 XJ, a Vanden Plas. Take advantage of the fantastic reliability & durability inthe '96-'97s!

Fast, Tight, Reliable
By Collin on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ6 4dr Sedan

I am continually amazed at what a good car this has been. My cat has been extremely reliable and still is with 113,000 miles on the odometer. I plan to put at least another 75k on it, and then maybe get a xk8. The suspension is stiff (the way I like it, in sport mode on the transmission the car gets up and goes, and it takes corners fairly well for a luxury sedan.

Another great cat!
By oldirish on 11/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ6 4dr Sedan

I purchased my '96 to drive back and forth to work. This is the latest in a line of Jaguars I have owned, and to date, the best in terms of build quality (excluding my 60's sedans.) It is exceptional money for value. Ford's influence on quality and reliability can clearly be seen. While it doesn't feel quite as responsive as my '89 XJ6, it has it beat in terms of ride, comfort and controls. Look at a good used Jaguar before you buy a used luxury car from Germany or Japan. '95 onwards Jags are fantastic!

If only they could fix the electrical pr
By KW on 05/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ6 4dr Sedan

Fantanstic ride, drive, etc. One major problem is the constant minor electrical problems (i.e. not all doors locking, alerts (airbag, light out, driver memory, etc.) which aren't correct. Also, you can start and simply move a Jag just a few feet; always let it run a few minutes. But overall a fantastic car.