Used 1996 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XJ-Series model:

*CLASS & DASH*
By mongoose4

1996 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ6 4dr Sedan

Owned now for 4 years, found it on local Craigslist wanted 6K, got it 4.5K. Mint body (9+), Int 8, new tires, subwoofer. Engine compartment look new. Had a few issues mechanically-wheel bearings, frozen brake caliper. Put 2K into it, rebuilt throttle body + previous mentioned. Cant beat the looks, performance. Really where can you get this for <7K today & 3 years from collector plates ;)

Rims & tire size, supercharger, stereo, wooden steering wheel.

Quad exhaust set-up, customized mine, looks great stainless mufflers, Porsche tips.

What a great car for the $$$
By fritzthecat1

1996 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan Vanden Plas 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for 8 months. Purchased with 90K and currently has 101K on it. Immediate repairs when purchased were minor. Rear seal replaced, front shocks replaced and a new set of tires. It has burnt NO OIL between oil changes which I do every 8K due to type of oil used and filter used. After 8K the oil still looked clean. MPG for the area(hilly) is not bad. It gets compliments everywhere I go. It is actually easier DIY repair that I ever thought and parts are cheap if you shop for them.

The list of features are numerous, all are great. Love the heated seats for those chilly days. Rear Fog lights are very safe for those dismal grey days in the north east.

NONE

My dream came true
By jeff pendman

1996 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ6 4dr Sedan

This Jaguar was the best car I have owned all the luxury but when it came to Jaguar it was the best and smoothest ride once in awhile a few minor problems occur like door locks but a easy fix and well worth for this xj6! All the bells and whistles

key and cruise control traction control sport shifter

In the future jaguar should make it so it doesn't occur with these electrical problems

Gorgeous big cat
By DIC_CAMARILLO

1996 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan Vanden Plas 4dr Sedan

I'm very pleased to say that my gorgeous big cat is still running well. In fact, the only thing I've done is a few oil changes. I've put nearly 40,000 miles on her and she's been great. She came with Toyo tires that still have 40% left on them. Still on the same brakes as well. Rear axle has been leaking since I got her (can smell the diff oil), but no problems. Front left wheel bearing still makes the same noise. Gas mileage is pretty good on the freeway 24 mpg at 80 mph. City mpg isn't so good. I've received as many compliments on her as my Porsche Boxster and 911. When I drive people they comment on how nice a ride she has. I didn't think I would say it, but I love this car. An absolutely beautiful luxury car that makes me proud to own her.

Reliability has been phenomenal for a European Luxury Car. Material are tops - better than my 540 or E class. Amazing in the rain. Tire wear is unbelievable - I may get 60K miles on them.

Our VDP at 80K mi
By DIC_CAMARILLO

1996 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan Vanden Plas 4dr Sedan

Our XJ6 Vanden Plas just broke 80K miles with very minimal problems. The seats are still in excellent condition - these are the best seats, especially the back seats! The ride comfort is amazing. Our VDP is a long car. I drove to work today in a good solid rainstorm. I was doing over 90 and I didn't even know. The car holds the ground so well - I'm amazed at how great the suspension is. At first I thought the suspension wasn't up to BMW standards, but I've changed my mind. Jaguar did a great job on this car. The 4.0 straight 6 sings! Smog check results look like a PZEV car! Timeless beauty. Solid, safe car. Very impressive stereo system. My VDP still puts a smile on my face!

Character! Unique styling! The ultimate in Luxury. Materials are top notch. Leather everywhere. Great ride, but with control. Reliable - yes our VDP has been trouble free. Looks great. Timeless design. Quality all around. Stereo system is very impressive. Paint still looks great.

So few, its not worth mentioning.