1995 Jaguar XJ-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XJ-Series model:
Very satisfied
By buzbomb on 11/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Jaguar XJ-Series XJS 2dr Coupe

Great ride, dependable looks great no problems, security system excellent have had BMWs Mercedes this is much more fun and great on long rides and short

Perfect car
By vs on 10/25/09 20:28 PM (PDT)

1995 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 1997 and car had 7500 miles. I was looking for sport car, but dealer was able to convince me to buy Jaguar. What a great choice. I still love this car even after 12 years of owning it. During this time I had 2 Mercedes and two BMW, all of which were driven by me and mostly by my wife and all of them were returned back to dealers at the end of lease. Jaguar still stays with me. At this point it's worth really nothing, but the way it drives, none of listed above could even get closer. The only non original parts on this car is rear shocks and battery. Of course filters and tires. My teenager is begging me to get another car and get him this one. He loves it too.

Like it so much, I bought a second one
By Jean on 04/09/09 11:33 AM (PDT)

1995 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ6 4dr Sedan

Fantastic car! Extremely reliable! Parts, except electronic modules, available at reasonable price, a lot cheaper than Japanese car's counterpart. Engine is powerful and without any drawbacks. It is a sporty family car, but not a rally type. Classical British conception and design.

95 Vanden Plas
By Ed on 06/17/08 12:48 PM (PDT)

1995 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ6 Vanden Plas 4dr Sedan

Bought this for my wife on her last birthday. Looked for 6 months for the right car and this is it. She loves everything about it. I steal it or should say I trade cars with her sometimes just for the fun of driving it. Many good comments from strangers about it's classic beauty. Wanted one for years but never look seriously. Only negative thing and it's not a biggie is the drivers area is a bit small

You gotta love this car!
By Canadian Car Nut on 02/17/08 01:14 AM (PST)

1995 Jaguar XJ-Series XJS 2dr Convertible

This car has been an unbelievable pleasure from the day I bought it. I bought it with 60,000 miles on it 3 years ago. It has been totally reliable, and garners a lot of attention. People often take pictures of it. I have a 95 Mercedes E320 sedan with a lot less mileage that has been a total lemon. The Jag is twice the car. I doubt that I will ever sell this car. Sometimes I just stare at it's beautiful coachwork. It is truly a work of art. If you can find a low mileage 94-96 XJS convertible buy it!

Can't get enough
By lee brown on 06/12/07 11:23 AM (PDT)

1995 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ6 4dr Sedan

I've owned this car for 12 years, love it! Looking for another one, very minor service issues, the 1995 was a great model build,

I Love this Car
By JagMan on 09/16/06 11:54 AM (PDT)

1995 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ6 Vanden Plas 4dr Sedan

Best car I've ever owned! Performance is great, strong engine and flawless transmission. Never had any mechanical problems with it in over 150,000 miles. The looks are classic - I get compliments everywhere I go and people think it's much newer than it really is. The car is built very solid and is strong. The gas mileage is lower than smaller cars, but I averaged 22 mpg on the highway, and 17 during city driving, which isn't bad considering all the power it has. I clean the throttle body each year or two; otherwise, it gets gummed up a little. Other than that, it's been just regluar fluid and filter changes which are very easy to do. All around great car!

Love this car
By MKC on 02/19/06 11:48 AM (PST)

1995 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ6 4dr Sedan

I've owned many high end imports, but the Jag is my all time favorite. What a car. I bought it used with around 60k on it. It has 83k on it and other then replacing tires and changing the oil, it's required zero repairs. Everything works as it should including all electronics. It's deceptively fast and is the best looking car around.

Meeting high expectations
By TTT on 01/13/06 22:01 PM (PST)

1995 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ6 4dr Sedan

Would I pay $50K+ for a new one? Nope...just wait a few years and take advantage of the hilarious depreciation. Great cars. 124K on the meter and I've replaced the front shocks (which were a full third LESS expensive than those on my Mazda). Small quibbles with some of the interior pieces... cup holders, mirrors - and assorted rattles. These are irrelevant considering the low price I paid for this car and my overall satisfaction with it. Many nice touches and fantastic good looks. Actually my wife drives it and thinks she's queen of the world - she might be right.

A Great Cat
By tr otey on 03/24/05 11:10 AM (PST)

1995 Jaguar XJ-Series XJS 2dr Convertible

A great car, looks good drives very well and draws comments where ever I go. It has performed flawlessly and runs well at all speeds.