1994 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan Consumer Reviews

1994 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

1994 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ6 4dr Sedan

View reviews for a specific XJ-Series model:
Nice Car but repair cost one arm!
By pse1994 on 04/22/14 17:45 PM (PDT)

1994 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ6 4dr Sedan

Nice Car but repair cost one arm!. Bought used in 2012 for only few thousand.I know already i have lots to do on this car.Exactly invested $8,500 for put the car as original spec's,complete electric,suspension,and few cosmetic things.Now with 140,000 kilos for a 20 years old car.Car is almost new in and out.But electric system on this car is really one of is bad side.Parking light specially. But still 20 years old model shape he still one good eyes catcher today by public.

I like the XJ12, but...
By Mark on 01/15/09 09:06 AM (PST)

1994 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ12 4dr Sedan

I bought the 1994 XJ12 (XJ81) because this was the only year it came in the XJ40 body style. The car seems heavy compared to the excellent XJ6 (XJ40), but the 6.0L V-12 delivers much more torque. Still, a poor trade off and the fuel consumption is hard to take. If you're a Jag guy, the car disappoints a little. If you're not a Jag guy stay far away - it will eat you out of house and home.

GOOD PRICE GOOD CAR
By specialkids1 on 05/28/06 11:28 AM (PDT)

1994 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car last October. I had to change the oil pump, it was expensive. Not only was repair very expensive the local Jag dealer had it for 2 months because they really didn't know how to deal with this car. But to the dealerships credit I have not had a problem since the repair. My only advice is if you buy this car--remember its a keeper --not for future trade ( much less value than when you purchase it)

nice all around
By Felipe on 12/15/04 14:09 PM (PST)

1994 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ6 4dr Sedan

Pretty, great ride, great value for the money. You can easily get a VERY nice low mileage 94 XJ6 for under $7,000, so why buy a newer, but uninteresting Ford or Saturn when you can have a fun, reliable Jag for less price. Yes, parts and service cost more, but not a lot more. I've had 4 Jags now and the drivetrain systems are usually strong and reliable. With these cars it's typically the electrics or some nit-picky thing that goes bad. Keep it garaged and maintained, buy the latest model you can afford (build quality and reliability for the sedan is best from 1990 and up), and it should return the favor. 1994 was the last year for the more angular, European styling, a personal favorite.

UNRELIABLE
By jimhajr on 06/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ6 4dr Sedan

I recently purchased the 1994 XJ6 3 months ago and already I have had to spend ever $5,000 to fix mechanical problems. Wood trim is cheap and cracks easily.

Fun XJ12
By Jroal on 05/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ12 4dr Sedan

This car is a true classic high performance luxury sedan. It is very graceful on winding mountain roads and a real joy to drive and own.

My First Cool Car
By DERF on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ6 Vanden Plas 4dr Sedan

The people at work used to make fun of my 1990 Volvo station wagon which ultimately died last summer. My pal Phil was moving to London, and I bought his Jag from him. It is the (almost) perfect midlife crisis car. The drive is great, and the looks really wow people. A sort of negative is that people will assume you spent an enormous amount of money for te car.

Love It
By xj6fan on 11/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 75,000 miles on the odometer and in nearly 4 years have put 31,000 miles on (now at 106,000). The ride is excellent, handling very predictable, power adequate, and reliability has been excellent. I have replaced the shocks, tires, battery, and brake pads - regular maintenance stuff. I have done nearly all the work myself and have been very impressed with the engineering. I have had the A/C compressor and expansion valve replaced by an independent service garage.

Wonderful classic British motoring
By WL on 02/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ6 Vanden Plas 4dr Sedan

I have always owned Jaguars, and my '94 Vanden Plas (FYI, the "s" is silent)has been one of the best. I've been to Coventry (U.K.) a few times, and what's amazing is that no one has any clue how many man hours go into each Jaguar. The leather and woodwork is still prepared by hand (woodwork alone takes 6 weeks to prepare!). The only time I have to bring my car to the dealer, is for oil changes. What's interesting is that there's so much history behind each Jaguar model. (Try looking up Vanden Plas coachbuilders, you'll be impressed). If your looking for a classic British motorcar with a gorgeous interior and impecable ride, buy a Vanden Plas.

XJ12
By cbxtc6 on 11/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ12 4dr Sedan

Nice, solid car. Yes, it's had some minor service issues. After the waranty ran out(get the extended warranty!), I got sick of going to the dealer and getting raped, so I do all the little maintenance items myself now, including oil changes. Little niggling problems aside, a great car.