1994 Jaguar XJ-Series Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XJ-Series model:
Thrilling Car
By Hugh on 09/05/08 13:18 PM (PDT)

1994 Jaguar XJ-Series Convertible XJS 2dr Convertible

In the 10 years I have owned this car I have had no repairs at all. A battery, two front shocks, and a set of tires are all I have put into it. It has not been to a dealer at all in ten years. It is garaged and I use it almost exclusively with top down, which is frequent here in Florida. I have thought about a new one, but this style is too outstanding!

Some misgivings
By mark on 06/27/05 16:45 PM (PDT)

1994 Jaguar XJ-Series Convertible XJS V12 2dr Convertible

Bought the car late winter this yr. Car was idle about 5 yrs. So problems were expected. So far I have repaired the AC blower motor - 1.29 part, hell to get installed. Rebuilt R/Pinion and tie rod ends, new battery, new tires, front brake rotors and pads, new roof. Had problems with electrical relays but fixed with no parts. Now the front drivers seat will not recline (bad motor) - this car is becoming a quest

One awesome cat!!
By David on 06/26/05 01:59 AM (PDT)

1994 Jaguar XJ-Series Convertible XJS 2dr Convertible

This cat is a beauty!! The lines of the car are timeless, attracting attention wherever it goes. The design of the new generation convertible Jaguars can't hold a candle to these classic coach made works of art. Mechanically the car is pretty sound, but problems with the interior electrical & lighting has been frustrating. I can overlook that setback in the daytime, but at night when you need lighting to enter and egress the car it can be frustrating.

XJS 4.0 94
By jag 4.0 94 on 03/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Fun and pleasure. But expensive taxes and fuel in Belgium

If it weren't for the little things
By bob 48 on 08/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Jaguar XJ-Series Convertible XJS 2dr Convertible

Have had this car for about four years. Bought from friend with 15,000 miles on it. I love the car...I have always been a british automobile fan...and it turns heads. Live in East Tennessee and it takes the mountain and back roads well...a little soft compared to the SAAB Turbo I had before this but more comfortable. But the stupid little things that break like door handles and power motors are annoying, And it is a very expensive car to maintain. Example...the door handles have heat sensors to keep the locks from freezing which makes them almost $600 to replace. However the engine and powertrain have been problem free...go figure!