Used 1994 Jaguar XJ-Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Jaguar Xj-series - Consumer Reviews

1994 Jaguar XJ-Series

View reviews for a specific XJ-Series model:

Nice Car but repair cost one arm!
By pse1994

1994 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ6 4dr Sedan

Nice Car but repair cost one arm!. Bought used in 2012 for only few thousand.I know already i have lots to do on this car.Exactly invested $8,500 for put the car as original spec's,complete electric,suspension,and few cosmetic things.Now with 140,000 kilos for a 20 years old car.Car is almost new in and out.But electric system on this car is really one of is bad side.Parking light specially. But still 20 years old model shape he still one good eyes catcher today by public.

Favorite Features

Tought engine same after 20 years.

Suggested Improvements

Larger front seat facility.

I like the XJ12, but...
By Mark

1994 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ12 4dr Sedan

I bought the 1994 XJ12 (XJ81) because this was the only year it came in the XJ40 body style. The car seems heavy compared to the excellent XJ6 (XJ40), but the 6.0L V-12 delivers much more torque. Still, a poor trade off and the fuel consumption is hard to take. If you're a Jag guy, the car disappoints a little. If you're not a Jag guy stay far away - it will eat you out of house and home.

Favorite Features

Power. Interior. Ride. Sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Balance weight front to rear. Shift-kit the transmission. Firmer ride. Fuel consumption is evil for 308HP.

Thrilling Car
By Hugh

1994 Jaguar XJ-Series XJS 2dr Convertible

In the 10 years I have owned this car I have had no repairs at all. A battery, two front shocks, and a set of tires are all I have put into it. It has not been to a dealer at all in ten years. It is garaged and I use it almost exclusively with top down, which is frequent here in Florida. I have thought about a new one, but this style is too outstanding!

Favorite Features

The long hood design or style of the car. Almost every time I drive into town, someone in traffic or a parking lot will compliment this car.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage, and use regular gas would be nice. Also, it would be nice if the mechanical arms of the convertible top would go down further out of sight. Looks OK with the boot on but still is up too high.

GOOD PRICE GOOD CAR
By specialkids1

1994 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car last October. I had to change the oil pump, it was expensive. Not only was repair very expensive the local Jag dealer had it for 2 months because they really didn't know how to deal with this car. But to the dealerships credit I have not had a problem since the repair. My only advice is if you buy this car--remember its a keeper --not for future trade ( much less value than when you purchase it)

Favorite Features

Nice look , nice ride

Suggested Improvements

cheaper repair for older cars! gas milage-gets the same as my suburban

Some misgivings
By mark

1994 Jaguar XJ-Series XJS V12 2dr Convertible

Bought the car late winter this yr. Car was idle about 5 yrs. So problems were expected. So far I have repaired the AC blower motor - 1.29 part, hell to get installed. Rebuilt R/Pinion and tie rod ends, new battery, new tires, front brake rotors and pads, new roof. Had problems with electrical relays but fixed with no parts. Now the front drivers seat will not recline (bad motor) - this car is becoming a quest

Favorite Features

Style. performance, All out luxury. turns heads and now cheap Collector car insurance. All and all not sorry

Suggested Improvements

Too late to improve discontinued this model in 96 . "Love the one your with"