1990 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XJ-Series model:
Mine's a 1990 XJ12 Vanden Plas - Not listed here but....
By tojoso on 05/28/14 18:27 PM (PDT)

1990 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ6 Vanden Majestic 4dr Sedan

I have an XJ12 Vanden Plas 4 dr 12 cyl that is hard to find reviews for so I thought I'd post mine in it's little brother's area. This Car is AMAZING. Not only is it of superb comfort and style but the darn thing is bulletproof. It cruises along at 60 - 70 mph without effort and feels more like you're in first class seating on an aircraft. Everything is situated perfectly for comfort and access.

I loved my XJ6 Soveriegn so much I bought TWO!
By jagstimestwo on 03/19/13 19:41 PM (PDT)

1990 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ6 Sovereign 4dr Sedan

Well always wanted a Jag, just had to have one and finally last year I bought my first jag 1990 Soveriegn and I love it! Loved it so much that 6 mos later we bought at 1992 XJ6 that is exactly the same inside and out as the 1990, Twins! Yes these cars are not for the faint of heart or wallet. We are lucky to have someone who loves jags and knows how to fix them and knows his way around the junkyard for those hard to find parts! These cars are a labor of love, if you don't love your jags, then don't buy one, cause they can drive you crazy with the maintenance and issues, but when they run its a blast to drive and show! "cats gotta run"

Good, but not great
By felipeart on 05/29/08 12:55 PM (PDT)

1990 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ6 Sovereign 4dr Sedan

Have had my XJ6 Sovereign for 6 years now. A great entry model into Jaguar driving, but get as late a model as possible, 1990 on up or later. Don't get 1989 or lower. If possible get a 1995 or later.

Inexpensive Introduction
By Barry Carter on 07/11/05 01:28 AM (PDT)

1990 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ6 Vanden Plas 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from it's second owner in Dayton, Ohio in '04. It drove like a dream all the way to Dallas. It rained across OH, WVA, VA, TN, & AR. IT got warm in TX. Since then I have replaced the AC compressor, headliner, rack & pinion bushings, some PS hoses, had a brake job, repaired both rear door handles, and tinted the windows. There is some minor body rust to repair. I'd also like to replace the Blauplunkt w/ an original radio. I'm trying to find OEM wheels to replace the current alloys w/ plastic Jag caps. If you are patient and want a great daily driver that doesn't look like everything else on the road, this one was affordable. Which makes restoring it less painful.

first love
By Alero on 09/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ6 Sovereign 4dr Sedan

I have always admired these cats on the street and I decided to take the plunge on an older XJ6, 1990. quite frankly I was scared but since then my fears are gone. This is a great car and it rules the highway. One has to remember that the car is after all 15 years old and therefore some things will need taking care of but the engine and major components on this baby are just puuuurrriiing.

Excellent Buy
By samwhite on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ6 Vanden Plas 4dr Sedan

These cars are a steal at 5 to 6K. You get so much luxury for the price and 1990 and above are trouble free.

XJ HEAVEN
By Stever on 07/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ6 4dr Sedan

I have had this vehicle for 6 months and it is the best riding car I have owned. I just had it painted and it now looks like a brand new $70,000 Jag. I believe it is the best value/price of any used car. It is a joy to drive and a joy to look at! If you can find one that is well maintined and relible for a decent price 3-6K jump on it!

Looks great in the garage
By moleary on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ6 4dr Sedan

This car required three transmissions (albeit covered under warranty)within its intitial 1,600 miles. It seems as though it's had just about every part replaced by 65,000. When it runs, it runs great--but I won't take it anywhere out of town. Thankfully, I've been able to afford a second car throughout twelve years of ownership.

bad buy ,a lemon
By joe montainia on 11/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ6 4dr Sedan

this car breaks on me all the time. its has costed me a fortune i advise donot buy this car. i strongly suggest mercedes-benz products and lexus. lexus got the highest rating of preowned vehicles by jd power. over all its a bad buy and if you have the money to keep on fixing it then so be it.

Used Jag - bad idea
By aklein18 on 10/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ6 Sovereign 4dr Sedan

I let the low price tag fool me. This car cost me a lot of money. It looked and drove like a new car. But after all was said and done, I would have been better off leasing a new one. (not that I could have afforded that either)