1990 Jaguar XJ-Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XJ-Series model:
Smooth Rider
By soccadad on 10/01/06 16:14 PM (PDT)

1990 Jaguar XJ-Series Coupe XJS 2dr Coupe

I paid $3K for this car via a friend in the Jaguar business. It was a single owner car with 35K miles. The gel coat was bad, plus I immediately spent another $3K on brakes (a full rear end job is very expensive on any XJS model prior to 95), and it's been worth every penny. I'm about to splash out on a paint job, because I love the old fashioned style of the car, and this one has chrome wire wheels as well. I may have had about 10 Jags, including 3 XJSs, 3 XJ12s, and an XJR (8) and my wife has a 2005 S-Type with all the "bells and whistles", and I think I am enjoying this as much as any, even the XJR. Don't let the low initial cost fool you though. It's not a cheap car to own.

AN AWESOME BUY!
By MOUTHPCE on 09/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Jaguar XJ-Series Coupe XJS 2dr Coupe

ANY MONEY PUT INTO MAINTENANCE IS EASILY OFFSET BY THE LOW PURCHASE PRICE. IMAGINE A TRUE EXOTIC FOR ABOUT 5K...WOW! PARTS ARE READILY AVAILABLE...YOU CAN JUSTIFY ANOTHER 5K IN REPAIRS,IF NECESSARY, AND STILL BE AHEAD OF THE MOB. THE V-12 IS A SCREAMER...PURE JAG AL THE WAY FOR A RIDICULOUS PRICE! GO ONLINE TO "JKAG-LOVERS" AND KIRBY PALM'S ONLINE HOW-TO MANUAL IS A GREAT DIAGNOSTIC GUIDE TO REPAIRS AND MAINTENANCE.

Must have gotten a good one
By Goliath on 04/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Jaguar XJ-Series Coupe XJS 2dr Coupe

I have had little or no problems with my Jag. I have put over 35000 miles and only had to replace a starter relay. I just love this car.