2013 Jaguar XF Consumer Review: Good Car but it has some bugs

2013 Jaguar XF - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (3.0L V6 Supercharger AWD 8-speed Automatic)

Good Car but it has some bugs
By anonymous70 on

2013 Jaguar XF 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Overall I generally like my 2013 XF AWD. It drives well and handles the snow with ease. However, I have had some issues with the electronics. The overhead lamps sometimes just turn on by themselves and when I put the car in park and remove my seat-belt it will sometimes just turn itself off completely. The dealership has been unable to resolve the issues.

It's classy and unique. The interior is just beautiful on the portfolio edition. Excellent quality materials inside the cabin. Also, very quiet on the highway.

The touch screen interface is terrible! Seriously, my GMC pickup has much better electronics. This has to be updated or I will not buy another one.
By laurasdada
on 07/02/14 13:59 PM (PDT)

The car shutting down when you put the tranny in park and remove your seatbelt (not sure if applying the parking brake is required?) is a funtion of the Eco Stop/Start function. It's designed to do that, I find it clever. Love my '13, knock wood, no issues at all.

By cbrandi
on 10/23/14 17:23 PM (PDT)

I have a 2012 with 31,000 miles, no problems so far. I love the car especially the portfolio interior. People assume it cost way more than it did.

By shan612
on 10/01/15 19:20 PM (PDT)

OMG did you recently trade it in? I think I just bought your car. Ultimate Black Metallic? I've have it for two weeks and just when I thought I've disabled the interior lights, a few drives later they turn themselves back on. And yes, it shuts itself completely off sometimes - and not the Eco Stop/Start - complete shut down. I've been meaning to schedule an appointment with service, just been busy, busy, busy. Wow.