Used 2013 Jaguar XF Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Jaguar Xf - Consumer Reviews

2013 Jaguar XF

View reviews for a specific XF model:

2013 XF 3.0 AWD
74,661 of 74,730 people found this review helpful
By tc1123

2013 Jaguar XF 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I have to say that this car so far has exceedeeding my expectations. I am coming out of a 2011 BMW 535I and the Jag handles much better. I have the 3.0 AWD and I have to say much impressed with the power and handling. This car is a lot more sporty handling than the BMW (even though I had the uhp package) In my opinion, this is an absolutely beautiful machine ,it's tight,taught and perfectly balanced - get the premium package at least - you will not be dissapointed- but, this car does ride tauter than a Lexus,the 535, A6,etc. So, if you are looking for a cushy ride - not. That's not to say that the ride is tough, it's just a little firmer than the prementioned cars - excelent imo

Favorite Features

Drop dead gorgeous not too many put your floot on the floor and hang on (340 HP withthe 3.0 ) - I can only imagigine what the v-8's are like brakes are excellent beautiful interior huge trunk ( great when bringing your significant other on a long trip ) cache ( it's a Jaguar )

Suggested Improvements

Bigger screen for the multfunction

In a Sea of E, 5 and A6s: Pace with Grace
By laurasdada

2013 Jaguar XF 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Bought my Silver AWD '13 XF New Year's Eve 2013. I believe I got a fairly spectacular deal, although I had to trade in my spectacular '09 XK to do so... Only 3600 miles so far, but I am impressed with the XF (as I expected). Great ride/handling combo, other than some wind noice around exterior mirror, quiet. For a large, heavy AWD, acceptable mpg, overall I'm getting ~20mpg. Drives smaller. While it may not be as modern as other infotainment systems, the XF is fairly simple and logical in operation. Very "cool" interior with the use of wood, aluminum and the phosphoresent blue lighting. My biggest complaint is driver seat comfort, had I gotten the Portfolio pkg, probably no complaint

Favorite Features

Exterior and interior style. Heated steering wheel (with ingress/egress feature). Build quality and materials. Ride. Folding rear seat/ski bag. Adjustable transmission and supsension settings. AWD for this past winter (hence the departure of my XK).

Suggested Improvements

More standard seat adjustments, specifically for me, being able to adjust thigh support. Spoiled by XK adjustability, but at the XF price point, 6-way adjustment is not enough.

Good Car but it has some bugs
By anonymous70

2013 Jaguar XF 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Overall I generally like my 2013 XF AWD. It drives well and handles the snow with ease. However, I have had some issues with the electronics. The overhead lamps sometimes just turn on by themselves and when I put the car in park and remove my seat-belt it will sometimes just turn itself off completely. The dealership has been unable to resolve the issues.

Favorite Features

It's classy and unique. The interior is just beautiful on the portfolio edition. Excellent quality materials inside the cabin. Also, very quiet on the highway.

Suggested Improvements

The touch screen interface is terrible! Seriously, my GMC pickup has much better electronics. This has to be updated or I will not buy another one.

2014 AWD-XF-Almost Perfect!
By jaguarxf14

2013 Jaguar XF 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Had 10'-4.2 XF Leased-Only turned her in for AWD option for NE Winters. Purchased 14' AWD XF-Portfolio/Vision/Premium/Cold Weather Packages, and besides poor gas mileage( Not important to me for performance received)and legroom in backseat for tall people, I feel She is Perfect! Had her in snowstorm in march-Handled excellent in terrible conditions

Favorite Features

AWD System/Ride/Comfort/Performance of a Rear wheel drive car

Suggested Improvements

5.0 V8 AWD-Why Not!

A Jaguar for all seasons
By george_s48

2013 Jaguar XF 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I bought the car new in July and now have 9,000 miles on it. It is fast, handles very well and, with all wheel drive, suits my driving requirements. I spend time in Los Angeles, but live 100 miles away in the local mountains. The all-wheel drive works flawlessly. (My last car was a Subaru WRX and the Jag is faster and works just as well in snow). I've always driven manual transmission cars, but the 8-speed auto has won me over. The car is roomy, the interior is elegant and the dash and console design are simple and straight forward without the multiple buttons, dials and lights in German or Japanese luxury sedans. The use of leather and wood trim rather than plastic is a pleasant change.

Favorite Features

First on the list is the mileage. It is rated highway at 26 - 27 mpg. I have been averaging 30 - 32 mpg, and that's with 340 hp available. The various driving modes are excellent also. Foul weather mode works well in snow, rain and ice and the "dynamic" mode is perfect for the 20 miles of mountain road between Los Angeles and home. The crisper shifts, firmed up suspension response and higher shift points are perfect for the elevation changes and twisting two-lane roads. Finally, the adaptive headlights and low beam cutoff point make driving in fog as easy as with a good set of separate fog lights.

Suggested Improvements

I agree that the media center / nav system is a little slow to respond, but after a few weeks I had addapted, and the "take me home button" on the opening screen is a great touch. Another minor irritation is the front seat heaters. When selected, they automatically switch on at the high setting and both front seats turn on, even if there is no front seat passenger. I find that the low setting is more than adequate most of the time, medium is only useful when the interior temperature is below 30 F and the high setting could probably fry eggs on the seat cushions. Finally, the owner's is comprehensive, but the organization sometimes makes it difficult to find wnat you are looking for.