2012 Jaguar XF Consumer Review: My second XF

2012 Jaguar XF Sedan - Consumer Review

My second XF
By cbrandi on

2012 Jaguar XF Portfolio 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Traded my 2009 for a 2012, loved my Jag and never a single problem so when I saw the '12 I just had to have it. Opted for the Portfolio edition, love the interior it is so far above anything else in this price range as to have no competition. The new seats are even more comfortable, cooled as well as heated, so no more sweaty back when driving in summer heat. I looked at BMW, Merc and Audi, they are all so common and derivative, what a bore to drive one. I like that Jaguar gives so many options in customizing the look: interior colors, choice of veneers, the whole experience is up market.

Interior is such a nice place to spend time. We often take back roads just to enjoy the handling and the drive. The engine is so much more powerful than the 4.2 in my '09. A real torque monster, tap the pedal and you are gone. Hardly needs to rev to feel the thrust. Exterior styling is just amazing. My older XF never ceased to garner attention, this one is almost too much. Can't go out in public without having to answer questions. Funny part is everyone assumes it cost 30 grand more. Exclusivity is a nice bonus. With BMW you can't tell a 5 from a 3.

Gas milage is less than my '09. In my '09 XF I routinely got 27-28 on the highway. So far this one isn't too good, though I've yet to make a long journey. We took a delightful drive from Miami to Bar Harbor, Maine in the '09. Hope to do something similar in this one. I don't really like the new front marker lights, too in your face. Jaguar shouldn't imitate Audi in this, Audi all look like they were carved from a bar of soap. Perhaps I'm still too smitten to be objective yet.