Used 2012 Jaguar XF Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Jaguar XF Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XF model:

Jags should not get a bad rap

2012 Jaguar XF Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

2012 XF has been trouble free, excellent handling, comfortable, and tremendous acceleration. A Beautiful car, I put 12000 miles so far (having bought it used) and have not had anything go wrong whatsoever

acceleration, handling, looks, steering feel, paddle shifters

I thought that I didn't like the beeping when I was getting close to a pole or another car, but I don't have it in my other car and I miss it.

Best Car that I've ever owned

2012 Jaguar XF Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Bought this car for $35500, certified with 19000 miles, now have 27000 miles in about 9 months. Best car, handling, acceleration, road holding, brakes, looks. It has it all I got a free service after about 7000 miles. So I have spend $0 on repairs. Get about 19.5 mpg in spirited driving, can get 25-30 mpg on highway. I have had Corvette, Acura, Lexus, but this is the best. I thought it might not hold up, but it did great on a 1000 mile trip.

acceleration looks handling smoothness road holding brakes driver comfort

Nav is a little clunky and slow

So good so far

2012 Jaguar XF Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Have had my 2012 Base XF with 5.0 Liter V8 for about 4 months. Getting about 18 MPG. I did get 29 MPG on a 200 mile trip. Acceleration is terrific, near the 5.2 or 5.4 0-60 mph claim. I put 18" wheels and Conti tires because of all of the potholes on Rt 95. I prefer the ride now. the nav isn't all that great, but it does work. Radio is mediocre. But I bought the car to drive, to shift, to accelerate and to make turns that are amazing for a daily driver. this is better than my Volvo S60R. This is a real grown up car. Much better than BMW, I think. Beautiful, graceful, fast, fun. Very reliable so far. This car will become more popular. All of my friends love it. And I love it.

Accel, handling, sound of the engine

funny, you can't check the oil level unless the car is warm and it has been sitting on a flat surface for 10 minutes! No kidding. This is a real jag quirk.

Brain dead screen control
By i_control

2012 Jaguar XF Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

The navigation,audio control is much worst than fussy. Some British engr. must work real hard to make this hard to use. e.g.AM/FM change takes 3 buttons push. You need to select "audio" menu ,small"+" sign. Most radio can do it in one push. "zoom in"/"zoom out" need bar pop up in 1/3 of screen. Block some map. select + or -, than remove the bar. Most GPS simply put 2 small button on corner of map. Volume control will blank screen show a level change for about 4 seconds. All other information will not be visible during this time.

separate left and right temperature control.

All volume, fan speed controls should not blank out display. The bar can overlay on bottom of screen so driver can still see the map or other information. "+" and "-" button for zooming control. faster drag on map. Not the 8 direction buttons with sluggish response.

A different breed for sure
By adityab

2012 Jaguar XF Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

A bit of background to help frame my take on the XF: Nearly everything I've driven in the past has had two doors, and performance has always been paramount (past cars include an S2000 and a 328i). The XF is clearly a departure. It's large, plush, and gadget laden. Still, the car certainly satisfies my need for speed. It strikes a solid balance between the ability to carve canyons and coddle. I've been a die-hard BMW fan for years, and the decision to throw my hat into Jaguar's ring was the product of considerable research and multiple test-drives against the 528i (similar lease rate). The 5 is a fine car, but the Jag is more car (and more muscle) for the money.

5.0L motor makes serious power and an intoxicating sound, herculean brakes, chunky steering wheel, comfortable seats, beautiful detailing inside and out (stitching on doors/dash, brushed metal galore, tiller's thumbwheels, supple leather, satin wood trim), Aston-like contours, large trunk, base model comes heavily equipped (the car is a relative bargain), voice controlled navigation/audio/phone work beautifully, rare.

Steering is a bit light at low-moderate speed (matter of preference), standard 400W audio system is atrocious (bass is nonexistent and treble is generally shrill), touchscreen is a bit slow, base seats lack much adjustment, HIDs aren't as good as those found in comparable cars. As an aside, my car has 500 miles on the clock and it creaks like an old ship. Sounds like some seals need lubrication or replacement (moonroof and doors). There are also some interior rattles. Jaguar service is light-years behind competitors'. I haven't found a dealer that issues Jaguar loaner cars (they use Enterprise, whose locations close at 6 and make after-hours service nigh impossible).